Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

* * The Introduce Yourself Thread * *

Go down 
+89
brenttaustin
Mod Rod
sonorcal
DirtyBobbysBikes
Lloydeezy E
gotstago1406
Jack
fixed_marxist
dgf#1
rocferd
roadfiend
AlmothePirate
Casbah
mnstr_hyde
rabbit
era
RestEasy
SKEPTIC
MiguelC
Duece
awwlehber
eastcoastchris
Norcalfixed
skyy
SESK1904
Output
Eugynn
PACKMAN
nikitynick
joshuagarrett4
taylorgang619
Trem
poorman
WhatACatchDonny
scmalex
chimchongdlight
jk343
BoozyMcLiverRot
nerdfixi
trackbikecrackpipe
Legalize It
SEHvay
velodrone
TJW
The Kirby
cpg
RiskItForABiscuit
phm94
daviidsjdmx
Paco
univegablack
rod-one
The Tim
revolutionkid
supermario6582
Corey
teamELI
shwiendo
joban
chaselord
Darryl Bagaoisan
mrdanielface
Mr Berto
tai_n34
Jethro
kunchai
SeahawkSFG
ziovan
VinceEatsPho
andr3
fuckirvine
xticex
tedisdead
TRiCC
Mannysaurz!
rickyKIXX
biz 1904
msg joe
unonimous
punkbrad
billykra
Wiziloe
mattamatta
Ray
Paulo
andrewmgalvan
Admin
jeffshmeff
paulmitchel
93 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
AuthorMessage
DirtyBobbysBikes
Leader
Leader
DirtyBobbysBikes

Seller Positive Feedback : 6

* * The Introduce Yourself Thread * * - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: * * The Introduce Yourself Thread * *   * * The Introduce Yourself Thread * * - Page 13 Icon_minitime1/24/2011, 11:29 pm

hit me up if you do we can grab some coffee.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/dirtybobbysbikes
sonorcal
n00b
n00b
sonorcal

Seller Positive Feedback : 0

PostSubject: Re: * * The Introduce Yourself Thread * *   * * The Introduce Yourself Thread * * - Page 13 Icon_minitime1/25/2011, 12:14 am

lemme guess, starbucks? haha jk.

will do man
Back to top Go down
Mod Rod
n00b
n00b
Mod Rod

PostSubject: Re: * * The Introduce Yourself Thread * *   * * The Introduce Yourself Thread * * - Page 13 Icon_minitime1/25/2011, 4:51 am

Rod here. 27 year old married guy living in New Orleans. Started riding fixed gear recently. I have one of those mediocre Republic bikes that I got to hold me over / gain experience on as I convert an old Schwinn. Kind of at a standstill because I lack all the necessary tools. Any recommendations? I'm currently looking at one of the Topeak Alien series tools. Trying to be as all-in-one as possible.
Back to top Go down
brenttaustin
n00b
n00b
brenttaustin

PostSubject: Re: * * The Introduce Yourself Thread * *   * * The Introduce Yourself Thread * * - Page 13 Icon_minitime1/31/2011, 7:40 am

I am 22, my bestfriend got me into bike and fixie culture, and needed a place to nerd out and drool over other people's bikes. I live in FL at the moment, in between NYC life. I just ordered my first fixie, a Windsor The Hour, which I am excited about getting. Once she comes in, I will post some pictures.
Back to top Go down
scmalex
Follower
Follower
scmalex

Seller Positive Feedback : 3

PostSubject: Re: * * The Introduce Yourself Thread * *   * * The Introduce Yourself Thread * * - Page 13 Icon_minitime1/31/2011, 11:58 am

brenttaustin wrote:
I am 22, my bestfriend got me into bike and fixie culture, and needed a place to nerd out and drool over other people's bikes. I live in FL at the moment, in between NYC life. I just ordered my first fixie, a Windsor The Hour, which I am excited about getting. Once she comes in, I will post some pictures.

Welcome to the coolest, yet least frequented fixed gear forum on the internet!!!
Any plans for the windsor?

BTW... nobody calls em' fixies anymore. nobody besides hipsters and congo.
Just a heads up because some people in the scene are militant about that.

Last edited by scmalex on 2/2/2011, 10:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/AlexanderNiknejad
brenttaustin
n00b
n00b
brenttaustin

PostSubject: Re: * * The Introduce Yourself Thread * *   * * The Introduce Yourself Thread * * - Page 13 Icon_minitime1/31/2011, 12:02 pm

scmalex wrote:

Welcome to the coolest, yet least frequented fixed gear forum on the internet!!!

BTW... nobody calls em' fixies anymore. nobody besides hipsters and matt spencer.

Thanks for the headsup. Haha.

I got a nice Fizik Pave saddle waiting, along with Conti Gatorskin 700x28c, and Nitto RB-021s.

Planning on getting a new crankset, pedal/cages/straps.

After that, I will see what I want to change based on how it rides. Everything else is based off of various friends bikes that I really enjoyed that certain part from.
Back to top Go down
scmalex
Follower
Follower
scmalex

PostSubject: Re: * * The Introduce Yourself Thread * *   * * The Introduce Yourself Thread * * - Page 13 Icon_minitime1/31/2011, 2:14 pm

brenttaustin wrote:
scmalex wrote:

BTW... nobody calls em' fixies anymore. nobody besides hipsters and matt spencer.

Thanks for the headsup. Haha.

I got a nice Fizik Pave saddle waiting, along with Conti Gatorskin 700x28c, and Nitto RB-021s.

Planning on getting a new crankset, pedal/cages/straps.

After that, I will see what I want to change based on how it rides. Everything else is based off of various friends bikes that I really enjoyed that certain part from.

+1 on upgrading contact points and tires first.
getting some bmx pedals and trick straps or double plastic clips/leather straps would be nice. I ride clipless, but theres a bit of a learning curve and you need another pair of shoes.

as far as cranksets go, what is your price range?
Back to top Go down
brenttaustin
n00b
n00b
brenttaustin

PostSubject: Re: * * The Introduce Yourself Thread * *   * * The Introduce Yourself Thread * * - Page 13 Icon_minitime1/31/2011, 2:19 pm

scmalex wrote:
[

+1 on upgrading contact points and tires first.
getting some bmx pedals and trick straps or double plastic clips/leather straps would be nice. I ride clipless, but theres a bit of a learning curve and you need another pair of shoes.

as far as cranksets go, what is your price range?

Not entirely sure yet, going to look around and see what there is available. I really dig the All-City 612 Track crankiest, and that is running at 125.00.
Back to top Go down
scmalex
Follower
Follower
scmalex

PostSubject: Re: * * The Introduce Yourself Thread * *   * * The Introduce Yourself Thread * * - Page 13 Icon_minitime2/1/2011, 4:44 am

brenttaustin wrote:
Not entirely sure yet, going to look around and see what there is available. I really dig the All-City 612 Track crankiest, and that is running at 125.00.

A-C cranks are nice, but I run SRAM s300's which use an external bottom bracket shell, and are much stiffer then virtually any square taper cranks under $200. The crankset comes with a bb and it only costs $125. I really recommend it. My only gripe is that its 130bcd and comes with a 3/32" chain ring.
Back to top Go down
DirtyBobbysBikes
Leader
Leader
DirtyBobbysBikes

Seller Positive Feedback : 6

PostSubject: Re: * * The Introduce Yourself Thread * *   * * The Introduce Yourself Thread * * - Page 13 Icon_minitime2/1/2011, 4:16 pm

scmalex wrote:
brenttaustin wrote:

A-C cranks are nice, but I run SRAM s300's which use an external bottom bracket shell, and are much stiffer then virtually any square taper cranks under $200. The crankset comes with a bb and it only costs $125. I really recommend it. My only gripe is that its 130bcd and comes with a 3/32" chain ring.

I'd second the SRAM S300s.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/dirtybobbysbikes
camden
n00b
n00b
camden

PostSubject: hello!   * * The Introduce Yourself Thread * * - Page 13 Icon_minitime2/11/2011, 11:52 am

My name is Camden, and I ride Louisville, KY and southern Indiana. I am currently on an SE draft frame, which, surprisingly, I like quite a lot. I run the stock crank(42T) w/ origin8 pedals and clips and All-City double straps. the wheelset is weinneman 36H. The saddle is an olf san marco rolls(so comfy) and the bars are stock drops, chopped and flipped. I'm going for(aesthetically) a grimey, garage look. I think I'm getting there.
Back to top Go down
Jeromespleen
n00b
n00b
Jeromespleen

PostSubject: Re: * * The Introduce Yourself Thread * *   * * The Introduce Yourself Thread * * - Page 13 Icon_minitime2/28/2011, 9:36 am

Hello, my name is Jeremy. I used to ride a Schwinn Little 500 (ever seen the movie "Breaking Away"). I just bought an old Fuji frame from my friend. I love riding a fixed gear, so much more connected with the bike. I do a majority of my riding delivering sandwiched for jimmy johns in Bloomington IN.
Back to top Go down
RuffDraftG26
n00b
n00b
RuffDraftG26

PostSubject: Re: * * The Introduce Yourself Thread * *   * * The Introduce Yourself Thread * * - Page 13 Icon_minitime3/4/2011, 1:22 am

Whats up every body Im Garrett from san diego, 21 years old. I ride a SE Draft got it for x-mas first bike ive had that actually fits me. I ride every where I can and Im planning on doing the Wolf Pack Hustle in LA on march 20th if your from SD im lookin for some one to mob up with so hit me up!!!!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
heres me
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
C.J.
n00b
n00b
C.J.

PostSubject: Re: * * The Introduce Yourself Thread * *   * * The Introduce Yourself Thread * * - Page 13 Icon_minitime3/4/2011, 1:26 pm

Whats good guys, my names chris but i go by C.J. Im Originally from San Jose, but i moved out here to a small town close to Fresno called Atwater, still go to San Jose almost every weekend to my other houseover there but for the most part, i live in Atwater. I ride a black Fuji track bike but i converted it from a track bike to a trick bike. i've been riding fixed for about 2 and a half years now and haven't thought about switching to any other bike.
Back to top Go down
mnstr_hyde
Follower
Follower
mnstr_hyde

PostSubject: Re: * * The Introduce Yourself Thread * *   * * The Introduce Yourself Thread * * - Page 13 Icon_minitime4/8/2011, 5:21 am

Whats up and going on everyone. Just wanted to throw a shout out all the way from Long beach Ca. Man its been awhile since ive lurked this forum. I kinda been without the net for quite sometime. Still biking and lately been visiting, "thefixfix" Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: * * The Introduce Yourself Thread * *   * * The Introduce Yourself Thread * * - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

* * The Introduce Yourself Thread * *
Page 13 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13