Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pedals and Straps/Cages

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
kvachon415
n00b
n00b
kvachon415

Seller Positive Feedback : 0

Pedals and Straps/Cages Empty
PostSubject: Pedals and Straps/Cages   Pedals and Straps/Cages Icon_minitime6/16/2010, 9:18 am

What pedals is everyone running?
I'm currently running the MKS-9 pedals, with MKS metal Cage and double straps....
but I'm thinking about getting some BMX platforms and straps.....
my riding style is more BMX but I like the security I get w/ cages...

for anyone who has tried both.....do you loose speed by going w/ the BMX style? Is it harder to get on it?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Host
Host
Admin

Seller Positive Feedback : 10

PostSubject: Re: Pedals and Straps/Cages   Pedals and Straps/Cages Icon_minitime6/16/2010, 9:30 am

I used to run the MKS sylvan pedals and cages but decided to go bigger platform for comfort

So I have some Odysseys with Bear Straps prototype #2

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
https://fixies.forumotion.com
kvachon415
n00b
n00b
kvachon415

Seller Positive Feedback : 0

PostSubject: Re: Pedals and Straps/Cages   Pedals and Straps/Cages Icon_minitime6/16/2010, 9:44 am

yeah that's what I want....those straps are legit?
and are your pedals that carbon plastic stuff or metal?
i haven't looked at that set up in person, and have never tried them?
you like them? did you feel like you have lost any power in the pedal?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Host
Host
Admin

Seller Positive Feedback : 10

PostSubject: Re: Pedals and Straps/Cages   Pedals and Straps/Cages Icon_minitime6/16/2010, 10:02 am

The straps are legit. Brad makes them here on the forum They are actually his prototypes and they hold up REALLY well. Really sturdy and solid. His new mastered ones are A LOT better than mine and for $30 you can't complain for that price.

The pedals are made of plastic composite. I didnt go with metal because 1) It would be hard to dremel out the stubs. 2) I met a kid that had the metals ones and couldnt bail fast enough and the stubs opened up his leg. Pretty gnarly stuff.

This is my first time trying bigger platform with straps and I dont like them I LOVE them. I'm all about comfort. As for power I feel as if I have more. Only because with my MKS pedals only the bottom of the ball of my foot was on the pedal. With the bigger platform I can put it anywhere I want. More mass - more action.
Back to top Go down
https://fixies.forumotion.com
jeffshmeff
Guru
Guru
jeffshmeff

Seller Positive Feedback : 4

PostSubject: Re: Pedals and Straps/Cages   Pedals and Straps/Cages Icon_minitime6/16/2010, 11:31 am

I used to run stock metal pedals that came with my first bike, similar to the origin8 colored track pedals. I put MKS metal toe clips with Christophe straps. I liked how the clips kept my foot in the right position on my pedal keeping it from moving too far forward. They felt really secure and are way easy to adjust;you can put them tight when you're mashing away, or loose when you're tricking out. They look really classic too.

I'm now running some Odyssey plastic bmx pedals with Brad's Bear Straps. These are better to trick with for sure. Bigger platform pedal allows your foot to have more contact with them. The straps are very durable and comfortable. You can adjust them to however you want but it takes a little time to do it. They are just a little harder than toe clips to get into, at least for me they are.

As for power or speed, I don't really notice a difference.

Both are great choices, some are better than others to what you are trying to do with you're bike.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pedals and Straps/Cages   Pedals and Straps/Cages Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pedals and Straps/Cages
Page 1 of 1