Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New stuff - pedals & stem

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
punkbrad
punkbrad

Seller Positive Feedback : 11

New stuff - pedals & stem Empty
PostSubject: New stuff - pedals & stem   New stuff - pedals & stem Icon_minitime3/31/2010, 4:03 am

Switched out my polished 120 stem for a black 110.

Ordered some Origin8 pedals to replace the plastic cheapies that came with the bike.

I'll throw pix up when it get here.

Anyone know if Origina8 is the same company as Wellgo - i hear it is.

Oh yeah - i ordered a decal that says "Alicia" - as that is my bike's name - after Alicia keys of course...
Back to top Go down
Admin
Host
Host
Admin

Seller Positive Feedback : 10

PostSubject: Re: New stuff - pedals & stem   New stuff - pedals & stem Icon_minitime3/31/2010, 5:36 am

hahaha nice brad. You will feel a BIG difference from plastic to metal. Ill see you tonight perhaps
Back to top Go down
https://fixies.forumotion.com
punkbrad
punkbrad

PostSubject: Re: New stuff - pedals & stem   New stuff - pedals & stem Icon_minitime3/31/2010, 8:03 am

Mandrew wrote:
hahaha nice brad. You will feel a BIG difference from plastic to metal. Ill see you tonight perhaps

ill be there yo!
Back to top Go down
mattamatta
Leader
Leader
mattamatta

Seller Positive Feedback : 1

PostSubject: Re: New stuff - pedals & stem   New stuff - pedals & stem Icon_minitime3/31/2010, 12:24 pm

punkbrad wrote:

From what I gather, Origin8 is one of those companies that doesn't manufacture their own stuff, but purchases things branded by various OEMs and distributes it. For example, hubs - they are one of the many people that sell formula manufactured hubs under their Origin8 brand. Same with their cranks - they're most likely the same manufacter as most of the budget cranks... is that Andel? I think I heard that they were the ones that actually make those cranks that everyone sells.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mattthayer.com
Corey
n00b
n00b
Corey

Seller Positive Feedback : 0

PostSubject: Re: New stuff - pedals & stem   New stuff - pedals & stem Icon_minitime4/9/2010, 11:22 am

mattamatta wrote:
punkbrad wrote:

From what I gather, Origin8 is one of those companies that doesn't manufacture their own stuff, but purchases things branded by various OEMs and distributes it. For example, hubs - they are one of the many people that sell formula manufactured hubs under their Origin8 brand. Same with their cranks - they're most likely the same manufacter as most of the budget cranks... is that Andel? I think I heard that they were the ones that actually make those cranks that everyone sells.
nearly all new "fixie" companys work this way. take hubs for example. formula started making their flip flop hubs, and now the same hubs have been re-branded by various companys... iro, eighth inch, all city, to name a few.
as for andel cranks yes they have been re-branded by a few companys (leader and eai.. probably some others) but eighth inch cranks are not the same. andel cranks have the more desirable 144bcd while origin 8 cranks have 130bcd
Back to top Go down
http://Forthehype.blogspot.com
punkbrad
punkbrad

PostSubject: Re: New stuff - pedals & stem   New stuff - pedals & stem Icon_minitime4/10/2010, 7:25 am

Corey wrote:
nearly...

Thanks Corey for the input.

By the way - today I bought some Origin8 25.4 riser bars and Oury Grips. i want to be able to swap out the bars for my long vs. casual rides. when i cruise the boardwalk with the wifey i woudl rather have risers... i will throw some pix up when i get all the ish in.

PS - i bought it from my LBS - not online. turns out that its cheaper from my LBS anyway - support your LBS people - I'll own one someday!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New stuff - pedals & stem   New stuff - pedals & stem Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New stuff - pedals & stem
Page 1 of 1