Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tires & stuff

Go down 
+7
C.J.
kvachon415
Paulo
Mannysaurz!
Admin
paulmitchel
TRiCC
11 posters
AuthorMessage
TRiCC
n00b
n00b
TRiCC

Seller Positive Feedback : 0

Tires & stuff Empty
PostSubject: Tires & stuff   Tires & stuff Icon_minitime3/14/2010, 6:29 pm

Hey guys whats up, im a total nub, i just picked up my first fixed bike yesterday and im thrilled with it. I was wondering whats the best tires (pros and cons) out there that are under like 30 and colored ones are a plus. Also wheres a good place to shop at online thats cheap and legit? Thanks guys much appreciation and i hope to ride with you sd cats sometime.
Back to top Go down
paulmitchel
paulmitchel

Seller Positive Feedback : 4

Tires & stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tires & stuff   Tires & stuff Icon_minitime3/15/2010, 1:50 am

TRiCC wrote:
Hey guys whats up, im a total nub, i just picked up my first fixed bike yesterday and im thrilled with it. I was wondering whats the best tires (pros and cons) out there that are under like 30 and colored ones are a plus. Also wheres a good place to shop at online thats cheap and legit? Thanks guys much appreciation and i hope to ride with you sd cats sometime.

Welcome, nice first post but dont forget to introduce yourself in the intro thread.

as for tires somas, continental gatorskin,and Vittoria are the top three imho out there. i like the vittorias
Back to top Go down
Admin
Host
Host
Admin

Seller Positive Feedback : 10

Tires & stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tires & stuff   Tires & stuff Icon_minitime3/15/2010, 2:29 am

TRiCC wrote:

Welcome! Is that your car as your avatar? If it is nice colors! And I take pics of cars if you're interested Very Happy. For under 30 you wont find the "best" tires. Like Paul said the

Continental Gatorskins are the bang for the buck around $40
-They last long especially if you skid a lot.

I personally want to get the Michelin Pro Race 3's. They go for like $45-50 a piece the problem is they dont last as long.
-They are good for speed and high in durability.
-Rated high in ride comfort

For under $30 look at the Michelin Lithium tires. Around $25 a piece. They come in colors too!

You might want to see the website review forums for some legitimate websites. I personally like pricepoint.com and jensonusa.com really cheap there.
Back to top Go down
https://fixies.forumotion.com
Mannysaurz!
n00b
n00b
Mannysaurz!

Tires & stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tires & stuff   Tires & stuff Icon_minitime3/15/2010, 5:16 am

NAPESS!!!!

vittoria randos for $26 at bike bling in escondido

thats where used to buy my randos

and rando = mofucking prime skidding tire
Back to top Go down
TRiCC
n00b
n00b
TRiCC

Tires & stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tires & stuff   Tires & stuff Icon_minitime3/15/2010, 6:57 am

yes the avatar was how my car looked like before. i will post in the intro. haha is DURO speedy arrows any good?
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Paulo

Seller Positive Feedback : 4

Tires & stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tires & stuff   Tires & stuff Icon_minitime3/15/2010, 7:41 am

I think I'm going to get some Panaracer Pasela TourGuards pretty soon. I don't know if they're the best, but they look awesome, haha. Plus, they're touring tires, so they have to be pretty puncture resistant.
Back to top Go down
http://paulodelacruz.tumblr.com
TRiCC
n00b
n00b
TRiCC

Tires & stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tires & stuff   Tires & stuff Icon_minitime3/15/2010, 12:31 pm

any one have experience with DURO SPEEDY ARROWS?
Back to top Go down
kvachon415
n00b
n00b
kvachon415

Tires & stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tires & stuff   Tires & stuff Icon_minitime6/16/2010, 9:13 am

i'm running Panracer RiBMo tires...not a puncture yet.....running a 28C in the front and just put a 32C on the rear...alot more drag but feels alot more solid when jumping off curbs and such....feels good but slow.... gearing is 42x17....i'd like to try a smaller crankring but not sure yet
Back to top Go down
C.J.
n00b
n00b
C.J.

Tires & stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tires & stuff   Tires & stuff Icon_minitime3/2/2011, 1:38 pm

im using some 700 x 38c Specialized x Infinite Armadillo tires and i do skidding and tricking etc on them, i got them like 3 to 4 months ago and it looks like nothing happened to the tread since. these tires are hella strong and durable, im not going to lie and they can be used for road,pavement, or dirt. i dont really think there are any cons about them. i used to ride on 700 x 28c kenda tires but after a few weeks of skidding and doing tricks, pop, i had the replace it.so far ive had almost 10 tires.anyways, i would recommend you check these out.
Back to top Go down
Pelagic
n00b
n00b
Pelagic

Seller Positive Feedback : 3

Tires & stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tires & stuff   Tires & stuff Icon_minitime3/2/2011, 11:44 pm

Hey TRiCC, Looks like you made your choice, let us know how those speedy arrows work out!
Back to top Go down
sluesserkoenig
n00b
n00b
sluesserkoenig

Tires & stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tires & stuff   Tires & stuff Icon_minitime3/6/2011, 1:16 am

Would you guys recommend cyclocross tires? I deal with a lot of different kinds of terrain, road, trails, etc. I'm just worried my bike's frame is too tight for them haha Also, what kind of durability do those tires have?
Back to top Go down
Bosh
n00b
n00b
Bosh

Tires & stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tires & stuff   Tires & stuff Icon_minitime3/8/2011, 8:43 pm

@sluesserkoenig
I usually keep my fixed on the road, so I dont have any experience with cyclocross tires. What kind of frame do you have? I'm always scared I'll fuck mine up when it gets bumpy Razz.

@ topic
I'm using the Panaracer T-Serv PT in a beautiful blue color that goes with my bianchi frame. They are made for urban use, have a great weight to strength (as in very durable) ratio but they've also mastered their way from northern Germany over the Alps and to Italy, so they cant be too bad for longer runs. As you might have noticed I just like them a lot and since they're almost gone now, I'll get a new pair Smile.
Back to top Go down
sluesserkoenig
n00b
n00b
sluesserkoenig

Tires & stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tires & stuff   Tires & stuff Icon_minitime3/9/2011, 1:38 am

I'm not really sure what "type" mine is. It's a really aggressive looking steel frame road bike thats a few years old by Giant. The cyclocross tires I saw are 75 psi whereas my Kenda Kontenders (who are quite elderly now) are 125psi, so idk if that'd be an issue there.
Back to top Go down
mnstr_hyde
Follower
Follower
mnstr_hyde

Tires & stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tires & stuff   Tires & stuff Icon_minitime6/13/2011, 2:06 am

Tires and Stuff.

So i have some 700c x 28c there thin yes. But why is it i loose air pressure so much. I have no leaks and Have to check tires before riding every time. If i don't i can get a rim pinch and im down to an instant flat. This pisses me off and i want a wider tire!
Back to top Go down
Pelagic
n00b
n00b
Pelagic

Tires & stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tires & stuff   Tires & stuff Icon_minitime6/13/2011, 10:24 pm

I have 700 x 23 and notice the same thing! I figure it must just be that it's such a small volume of air and the temp rises/falls in the garage enough after a couple days that it's kind of like a kids balloon, they just loose pressure through the tubes over time?
Back to top Go down
mnstr_hyde
Follower
Follower
mnstr_hyde

Tires & stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tires & stuff   Tires & stuff Icon_minitime7/9/2011, 1:49 am

Pelagic wrote:
I have 700 x 23 and notice the same thing! I figure it must just be that it's such a small volume of air and the temp rises/falls in the garage enough after a couple days that it's kind of like a kids balloon, they just loose pressure through the tubes over time?

Thats what i thought, But then i used a bike pump at my local shop. A fancy one at that, and i put air in that bitch too the max, it has stayed solid for about 4 weeks now. Now i notice the front tire getting a little bit softer as i hit bigger bumps occasionally. I try too stay on flat smooth surfaces but you know what they say...
Bumps happen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tires & stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tires & stuff   Tires & stuff Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tires & stuff
Page 1 of 1