Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New, wanted to give a friendly shout out.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
wbfever14
n00b
n00b
wbfever14

Seller Positive Feedback : 0

New, wanted to give a friendly shout out. Empty
PostSubject: New, wanted to give a friendly shout out.   New, wanted to give a friendly shout out. Icon_minitime8/13/2010, 6:41 am

New to the board, bike mech. out of DC. Currently on my second fixie build. Im fairly new to the scene and sure as hell dont want to come off like a know it all, but I cant imagine not riding daily. Im ordering a 53 cm frame to build on only cause a 56 seems big. My road bike is 56 but I wanted to go smaller, Im thinking ill be more agile. My concern is pedal strike I have 52 teeth up front ( a lot I know but im on a serious budget and it was free) my crank arm legnth is 170, so with these numbers do ya'll think pedal strike will be an issue. Thanks for any and all input.
Back to top Go down
punkbrad
punkbrad

Seller Positive Feedback : 11

PostSubject: Re: New, wanted to give a friendly shout out.   New, wanted to give a friendly shout out. Icon_minitime8/13/2010, 7:49 pm

Whatup WB - thanks for the shoutout.

I dont knwo if i can help with your question. See im 6-2 200 lbs, and i have to ride XL frames with my 34" inseam... i also have never ridden track. i would imagine that maybe a smaller frame may be more nimble, but will it provide the length and extention you need (even with 170's) to get all th etorque possible form your legs?

maybe some of the racers here can chime in. maybe PM mattamatta - he rides at the local velodrome here in san diego.

welcome dude - and thanks for joining!! PB.
Back to top Go down
wbfever14
n00b
n00b
wbfever14

Seller Positive Feedback : 0

PostSubject: Re: New, wanted to give a friendly shout out.   New, wanted to give a friendly shout out. Icon_minitime8/13/2010, 8:01 pm

Thanks for the welcome man. I am thankful for the help. This bike will be my commuter and cadence trainer for races, so unless I get lucky I wont be trying it out on the drome. I just copped a sweet deal on the frame and hope to avoid any costly mistakes.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Host
Host
Admin

Seller Positive Feedback : 10

PostSubject: Re: New, wanted to give a friendly shout out.   New, wanted to give a friendly shout out. Icon_minitime8/15/2010, 6:46 am

whats up man welcome to the forum!
Back to top Go down
https://fixies.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New, wanted to give a friendly shout out.   New, wanted to give a friendly shout out. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New, wanted to give a friendly shout out.
Page 1 of 1