Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

im running a front brake and can bar spin

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
biz 1904
Lurker
Lurker
biz 1904

Seller Positive Feedback : 0

im running a front brake and can bar spin Empty
PostSubject: im running a front brake and can bar spin   im running a front brake and can bar spin Icon_minitime5/7/2010, 10:21 am

by running my brake line thru the steer tube a front brake and barspins are possible
Back to top Go down
punkbrad
punkbrad

Seller Positive Feedback : 11

PostSubject: Re: im running a front brake and can bar spin   im running a front brake and can bar spin Icon_minitime5/7/2010, 10:51 am

biz 1904 wrote:
by running my brake line thru the steer tube a front brake and barspins are possible

thats how my dirt jumper was set up - but it has discs on the bottom of the forks (until i took it off)

however on many bikes (like my bowery fixed) the brake itself hits the frame stopping a barspin from happeneing.

throw up some pix as id like to see your clearance on the brake to the frame - good job dude on lacin the cable thru the stem and steertube.
Back to top Go down
biz 1904
Lurker
Lurker
biz 1904

PostSubject: Re: im running a front brake and can bar spin   im running a front brake and can bar spin Icon_minitime5/7/2010, 10:57 am

thanks ive got about 3/8 between the downtube and the top of the cable arm
Back to top Go down
C.J.
n00b
n00b
C.J.

PostSubject: Re: im running a front brake and can bar spin   im running a front brake and can bar spin Icon_minitime2/27/2011, 2:11 pm

you can make your bike so that it has a Suicide Brake Lever. good places to put the brakes are on the top tube where your bars cant touch them ,or, on the seat post(AKA The suicide Brake)
Back to top Go down
DirtyBobbysBikes
Leader
Leader
DirtyBobbysBikes

Seller Positive Feedback : 6

PostSubject: Re: im running a front brake and can bar spin   im running a front brake and can bar spin Icon_minitime2/27/2011, 2:29 pm

One of these days i'll build a fixed with a front disc and run the cable down the steerer. I'm kinda surprised I havent seen more people doing that.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/dirtybobbysbikes
punkbrad
punkbrad

Seller Positive Feedback : 11

PostSubject: Re: im running a front brake and can bar spin   im running a front brake and can bar spin Icon_minitime3/8/2011, 11:54 pm

DirtyBobbysBikes wrote:
One of these days i'll build a fixed with a front disc and run the cable down the steerer. I'm kinda surprised I havent seen more people doing that.

while your idea is a good one, its just not "cool" to run brakes on fixed gears! haha.

i love the idea of a front disc, but that sounds like an expensive hub!!
Back to top Go down
DirtyBobbysBikes
Leader
Leader
DirtyBobbysBikes

Seller Positive Feedback : 6

PostSubject: Re: im running a front brake and can bar spin   im running a front brake and can bar spin Icon_minitime3/9/2011, 5:43 am

punkbrad wrote:
DirtyBobbysBikes wrote:

while your idea is a good one, its just not "cool" to run brakes on fixed gears! haha.

i love the idea of a front disc, but that sounds like an expensive hub!!

You're right about it not being "cool" to run brakes. I do it anyway on my rain/beater bike. A lot of kids around here end up running MTB forks on their "tarck" setups anyway. It wouldnt be any harder to get one with a disc mount and lace up just about any front disc hub to a deep V/chukker/B43/ect/ Hollow starnut. Mechanical avid disc brakes are pretty cheap now days. If you wanted to be different that would be a good way to do it.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/dirtybobbysbikes
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: im running a front brake and can bar spin   im running a front brake and can bar spin Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

im running a front brake and can bar spin
Page 1 of 1