Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

26 Brake Lever on a 25.4 Handlebar. -

Go down 
AuthorMessage
punkbrad
punkbrad

Seller Positive Feedback : 11

26 Brake Lever on a 25.4 Handlebar. - Empty
PostSubject: 26 Brake Lever on a 25.4 Handlebar. -   26 Brake Lever on a 25.4 Handlebar. - Icon_minitime4/18/2010, 1:52 am

I got my Pro-Urban risers. they are 25.4 my bullhorns are 26. i know the bars will fit into the stem, no worry there, but im sure the levers wont clamp onto the bar. i am capable of making a shim from a can or something, but is there a known "work-around" for this condition? i'd but new levers but the PITA of unstringing the brake cables does not sound fun every time i want to swap bars...
Back to top Go down
punkbrad
punkbrad

Seller Positive Feedback : 11

26 Brake Lever on a 25.4 Handlebar. - Empty
PostSubject: Re: 26 Brake Lever on a 25.4 Handlebar. -   26 Brake Lever on a 25.4 Handlebar. - Icon_minitime4/19/2010, 2:59 am

Okay. I figured it out. clean & easy.

using a plasitc soda bottle i cut a strip about 6" long. I used friction tape (found near the electrical tape - similar to electrical tape, but not electrical tape)to line the strip of plastic - its about 1/2 inch wide.

Wrap the strip around the handlebar and continue until its wound tightly and then use a piece of friction tape to go around the wrapped strip to keep it all tight.

put the brake lever on ofer the strip. it stays tight and works well.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

26 Brake Lever on a 25.4 Handlebar. -
Page 1 of 1