Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WIG Street Straps.

Go down 
+4
teamELI
supermario6582
jeffshmeff
punkbrad
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
punkbrad
punkbrad

Seller Positive Feedback : 11

WIG Street Straps. Empty
PostSubject: WIG Street Straps.   WIG Street Straps. Icon_minitime4/14/2010, 2:13 am

Been looking at these - with the plastic BMX pedals, these look pretty fresh...

Watch this video -

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Then check out their site for sale - kinda pricey tho... but i like them - different...

Back to top Go down
jeffshmeff
Guru
Guru
jeffshmeff

Seller Positive Feedback : 4

WIG Street Straps. Empty
PostSubject: Re: WIG Street Straps.   WIG Street Straps. Icon_minitime4/14/2010, 6:29 am

Those white ones look so clean. Some other companies make foot straps like that, all around 40-60 bucks.

Or you can make them yourself!! Me and a couple other friends tried to make some. We were almost successful but we couldn't get the damn sewing machine to sew on the velcro.

We spent about 5 bucks each making the straps, used car seatbelts and velcro. But we got the seatbelts for free. I used them on a short ride and tricking with it for a little bit. I like them better than straps for tricking but mine were about to fall apart!
Back to top Go down
punkbrad
punkbrad

WIG Street Straps. Empty
PostSubject: Re: WIG Street Straps.   WIG Street Straps. Icon_minitime4/14/2010, 6:38 am

jeffshmeff wrote:
Those white ones look so clean. Some other companies make foot straps like that, all around 40-60 bucks.

Or you can make them yourself!! Me and a couple other friends tried to make some. We were almost successful but we couldn't get the damn sewing machine to sew on the velcro.

We spent about 5 bucks each making the straps, used car seatbelts and velcro. But we got the seatbelts for free. I used them on a short ride and tricking with it for a little bit. I like them better than straps for tricking but mine were about to fall apart!

word. my wife has mad-sewing skills. i have a new project for her after her finals next month. she can sew just about anythign on her super-fancy machine... thanks for the tips...!!
Back to top Go down
supermario6582
Lurker
Lurker
supermario6582

Seller Positive Feedback : 0

WIG Street Straps. Empty
PostSubject: Re: WIG Street Straps.   WIG Street Straps. Icon_minitime4/14/2010, 9:41 am

Those look pretty cool. I've been wanting a set of holdfast straps but now I'll have to consider these.
Back to top Go down
punkbrad
punkbrad

WIG Street Straps. Empty
PostSubject: Re: WIG Street Straps.   WIG Street Straps. Icon_minitime4/14/2010, 1:51 pm

supermario6582 wrote:
Those look pretty cool. I've been wanting a set of holdfast straps but now I'll have to consider these.

Standby... tonight I met Nathan, one of the tenders at Toronado - a fixed rider, bike advocate and hell of a nice guy. he is hostin gbiker friendly beer nights before the races and discounts to riders who com ein o bikes... a great dude... and he had some street straps of his own. he said a local girl, rider, makes them and sells them for 60 bux outta Adams Ave Bikes, but sells them for 30 bux herself thru friends.

I am going to go back and talk to Nathan about maybe getting a pair and having her make me a few more pair to dish out to riders on this forum....
Back to top Go down
supermario6582
Lurker
Lurker
supermario6582

WIG Street Straps. Empty
PostSubject: Re: WIG Street Straps.   WIG Street Straps. Icon_minitime4/14/2010, 7:26 pm

Oh cool man!
Back to top Go down
teamELI
teamELI

Seller Positive Feedback : 2

WIG Street Straps. Empty
PostSubject: Re: WIG Street Straps.   WIG Street Straps. Icon_minitime4/15/2010, 3:59 am

let me know about the straps. im down to try some out
Back to top Go down
punkbrad
punkbrad

WIG Street Straps. Empty
PostSubject: Re: WIG Street Straps.   WIG Street Straps. Icon_minitime4/16/2010, 9:13 pm

teamELI wrote:
let me know about the straps. im down to try some out

Sure thing. I showed my wife the straps that are here:

and she said she could likely do those 100 times better with her fancy computerized sewing machine. the problem is shes studying like mad for her final test for her masters degree, and she wont be sewing anythign for anyone for another month... so i will wait for her.

in the meantime i may go to Toronado tonight, if i do and that nathan dude is there i will get the girls number who makes them and put an ad for her here is Andrew is cool with it.
Back to top Go down
teamELI
teamELI

Seller Positive Feedback : 2

WIG Street Straps. Empty
PostSubject: Re: WIG Street Straps.   WIG Street Straps. Icon_minitime4/17/2010, 2:57 am

sounds like a good idea to me. andrew is out of town for the weekend but i dont see why he would have a problem with it.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Host
Host
Admin

Seller Positive Feedback : 10

WIG Street Straps. Empty
PostSubject: Re: WIG Street Straps.   WIG Street Straps. Icon_minitime4/17/2010, 8:01 am

no problem at all. Just as long as she somehow advertises this website.
Back to top Go down
https://fixies.forumotion.com
punkbrad
punkbrad

WIG Street Straps. Empty
PostSubject: Re: WIG Street Straps.   WIG Street Straps. Icon_minitime4/23/2010, 3:07 am

Thanks Andrew -

When i go back to Toronado Ill ask around. In the meantime...

i ordered some shadow conspriacy plastic BMX pedals and i ordered all the materials needed from Strapworks.com to try and make a pair of street straps myself.

they are so super easy by design, i think the design can be improved upon. ill post my results.
Back to top Go down
paulmitchel
paulmitchel

WIG Street Straps. Empty
PostSubject: Re: WIG Street Straps.   WIG Street Straps. Icon_minitime4/23/2010, 3:20 am

i personally dont like the hold fast... the video brad posted is a fine example of hold fast or die's problem with the self adjustment to different shoes.
Back to top Go down
punkbrad
punkbrad

WIG Street Straps. Empty
PostSubject: Re: WIG Street Straps.   WIG Street Straps. Icon_minitime4/23/2010, 4:30 am

paulmitchel wrote:
i personally dont like the hold fast... the video brad posted is a fine example of hold fast or die's problem with the self adjustment to different shoes.

on the fly they are not too adjustable, but they can be tightened down to fit big or small shoes... its just a matter of tightening down..
Back to top Go down
punkbrad
punkbrad

WIG Street Straps. Empty
PostSubject: SEWING 101 - Needles are SHARP.   WIG Street Straps. Icon_minitime4/25/2010, 7:16 am

I have never used a sewing machine before, but i wanted some street straps. I dont mind paying the 50 bux - (it doesnt seem so high a price now that I have gone thru the routine of making some).

i did not sew my hands and i was drinking while making my superior product.

the end result?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

they fit and feel awesome.

thanks - please hold your applause! hahaha..

Last edited by punkbrad on 5/8/2010, 12:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
jeffshmeff
Guru
Guru
jeffshmeff

WIG Street Straps. Empty
PostSubject: Re: WIG Street Straps.   WIG Street Straps. Icon_minitime4/25/2010, 10:33 am

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Host
Host
Admin

WIG Street Straps. Empty
PostSubject: Re: WIG Street Straps.   WIG Street Straps. Icon_minitime4/25/2010, 12:43 pm

WOW BRAD... You are crazy!! Good work!!!!!
Back to top Go down
punkbrad
punkbrad

WIG Street Straps. Empty
PostSubject: Re: WIG Street Straps.   WIG Street Straps. Icon_minitime4/25/2010, 11:59 pm

Thanks fellas. I' takin them out for a long ride today and see how they really work under pressure. the machine handled the upholstry thread pretty well and i didnt break any needles, my wife said thats a good sign.. haha. I dont think I'll be cranking them out, but i think i have enough material for one more pair in all black.

I DO have another idea, and i will try that out also - a simplified kind of strap type idea...

thanks for the kind words guys - PB.
Back to top Go down
supermario6582
Lurker
Lurker
supermario6582

WIG Street Straps. Empty
PostSubject: Re: WIG Street Straps.   WIG Street Straps. Icon_minitime4/26/2010, 12:47 pm

damn those turned out good man. nicely done.
Back to top Go down
punkbrad
punkbrad

WIG Street Straps. Empty
PostSubject: Re: WIG Street Straps.   WIG Street Straps. Icon_minitime4/26/2010, 7:32 pm

Thanks Mario - i put about 25 miles on the pedals yesterday. Here is my post-mortem:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I LOVE the bigger platform that the Shadow pedals give. They feel SO super responsive. The straps tighten down snugly over the shoes, they are pretty easy to slip my shoe into while pedaling, sometimes i have to reach down and pull the strap back, sometimes it fits right in.

I did not cut the tabs off the top of the pedal (in the WIG video he cuts the tabs off to allow the shoe to slip in easier, but I had no troubles doing so - so i left the tabs on.

When I pull up on a climb or a speed burst, my foot stays PUT. You definitely feel the hold of the 2" strap over the hold of a 1/2" strap and toe clip.

They are friggin sweet.

one "CON" for your consideration: while cornering fast i did have one "oh shit" moment when my pedal touched down and lifted the back tire off the ground. Since the platforms are so friggin big, the corner of the pedal scraped the asphalt and i hit pucker-factor 9 as i was flyin’ around a corner... so there’s that - but my years of bike expertise and a lot of luck I didn’t bail... LOL...
Back to top Go down
Darryl Bagaoisan
Follower
Follower
Darryl Bagaoisan

WIG Street Straps. Empty
PostSubject: Re: WIG Street Straps.   WIG Street Straps. Icon_minitime4/26/2010, 10:09 pm

Woot! Go Brad! bounce
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Paulo

WIG Street Straps. Empty
PostSubject: Re: WIG Street Straps.   WIG Street Straps. Icon_minitime4/27/2010, 1:43 am

Damn, Brad, you're the man. Sewing like a pro and recovering from pedal strike!
Back to top Go down
http://paulodelacruz.tumblr.com
punkbrad
punkbrad

WIG Street Straps. Empty
PostSubject: Re: WIG Street Straps.   WIG Street Straps. Icon_minitime5/1/2010, 6:17 am

I got my materials in the mail today, i will try to make 3 more pairs of straps. i am giving one to mandrew just cuz all the stuff he does for us with site. the other 2 may be up for sale... we'll see
Back to top Go down
paulmitchel
paulmitchel

WIG Street Straps. Empty
PostSubject: Re: WIG Street Straps.   WIG Street Straps. Icon_minitime5/1/2010, 6:24 am

thats really nice of you man. ill buy one off you
Back to top Go down
Admin
Host
Host
Admin

WIG Street Straps. Empty
PostSubject: Re: WIG Street Straps.   WIG Street Straps. Icon_minitime5/1/2010, 6:31 am

Dude... Thanks Brad! You really don't have too...
Back to top Go down
jeffshmeff
Guru
Guru
jeffshmeff

WIG Street Straps. Empty
PostSubject: Re: WIG Street Straps.   WIG Street Straps. Icon_minitime5/1/2010, 8:28 am

I'll probably buy one too Brad!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

WIG Street Straps. Empty
PostSubject: Re: WIG Street Straps.   WIG Street Straps. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WIG Street Straps.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next