Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Beater bike / frame?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
mattamatta
Leader
Leader
mattamatta

Seller Positive Feedback : 1

Beater bike / frame? Empty
PostSubject: Beater bike / frame?   Beater bike / frame? Icon_minitime3/21/2010, 1:13 am

I wouldn't mind getting my hands on something to turn into a beater bike fixed conversion for real cheap. Something in the 57-60cm range ought to fit me. Maybe something beat up but with a decent looking road frame, as I've got enough other components to throw my old stuff on there and make a suicide hub conversion.

I'll be somewhat on the lookout for something like that - right now I don't have any sort of beater bike, or anything I'm willing to ride in wet weather and lock up outside a bar for half a day or anything like that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mattthayer.com
punkbrad
punkbrad

Seller Positive Feedback : 11

Beater bike / frame? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beater bike / frame?   Beater bike / frame? Icon_minitime3/22/2010, 9:38 pm

mattamatta wrote:
I wouldn't mind getting my hands on something to turn into a beater bike fixed conversion for real cheap. Something in the 57-60cm range ought to fit me. Maybe something beat up but with a decent looking road frame, as I've got enough other components to throw my old stuff on there and make a suicide hub conversion.

I'll be somewhat on the lookout for something like that - right now I don't have any sort of beater bike, or anything I'm willing to ride in wet weather and lock up outside a bar for half a day or anything like that.

cool idea. seriously check out the Kobe Swap meet - there are lots of "garage-sale" sellers there and bikes are plentiful and cheap. i wanted to do this but make a single speed mtb beater bike...
Back to top Go down

Beater bike / frame?
Page 1 of 1