Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mercier Kilo TT

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Define
n00b
n00b
Define

Seller Positive Feedback : 0

Mercier Kilo TT Empty
PostSubject: Mercier Kilo TT   Mercier Kilo TT Icon_minitime2/13/2011, 7:58 am

Hey, new to this forum and the fixie scene for that matter. I just picked up a Mercier Kilo TT fixed gear for $150, and was wondering what you guys think of the bike in general. Any input is appreciated, I'm just trying to get a basic understanding of the does and don'ts when it comes to these bikes.
Back to top Go down
scmalex
Follower
Follower
scmalex

Seller Positive Feedback : 3

Mercier Kilo TT Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mercier Kilo TT   Mercier Kilo TT Icon_minitime2/13/2011, 10:37 am

nice solid frame with some decent components. I've seen people build up all kinds of bikes with that frame, and it can withstand quite a bit of thrashing.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/AlexanderNiknejad
DirtyBobbysBikes
Leader
Leader
DirtyBobbysBikes

Seller Positive Feedback : 6

Mercier Kilo TT Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mercier Kilo TT   Mercier Kilo TT Icon_minitime2/13/2011, 11:34 am

I'd say nice frame with generally pretty cheap parts to keep the price point on the complete down. Nice frames though, definitely worth some upgrades. Overall a pretty descent bike.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/dirtybobbysbikes
Define
n00b
n00b
Define

Mercier Kilo TT Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mercier Kilo TT   Mercier Kilo TT Icon_minitime2/13/2011, 2:14 pm

Nice, I logged some miles on it today finally. I'm in love haha. But I love the feel of the bike, nice and solid, still has the road bike drops on it so i cruise lol. I think my next move is to put some Deep V's on it.
Back to top Go down
scmalex
Follower
Follower
scmalex

Mercier Kilo TT Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mercier Kilo TT   Mercier Kilo TT Icon_minitime2/14/2011, 1:04 am

Personally if I had one, I would get a nice saddle, a better pedal setup and different bars along with some nice tape first. Then I would move onto wheels and crankset/bb. Comfort comes first in my opinion, but quality throughout is always preferential.

i think those frames look really nice with box section or low profile rims.... they look super classy. I threw my mavic open cd's on a buddy's frame and it looked super nice.
You can get sun m13 II's laced to formulas for like $155 shipped, and they are way lighter then deep v's and come in black and silver and in 32 or 36 spoke versions and have eyelets so they are very strong.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/AlexanderNiknejad
Define
n00b
n00b
Define

Mercier Kilo TT Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mercier Kilo TT   Mercier Kilo TT Icon_minitime2/14/2011, 2:05 am

Yea. I'm definately upgrading the saddle the I'm getiing rims. I think I'm keeping the drops and it has metal peddles with straps. Thanks for all the input, its greatly appreciated!
Back to top Go down
mnstr_hyde
Follower
Follower
mnstr_hyde

Mercier Kilo TT Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mercier Kilo TT   Mercier Kilo TT Icon_minitime11/10/2011, 6:00 am

Thats a good bike to start up on. Alot can be done with it as far as i know. I know a few people with the kilo and they have some pretty interesting setups and receive good results as far as speed and reliability goes. Hell i have one being offered to me also.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mercier Kilo TT Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mercier Kilo TT   Mercier Kilo TT Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mercier Kilo TT
Page 1 of 1