Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New tires, bars, saddle on my Chrome Kilo

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
i_am_you
n00b
n00b
i_am_you

Seller Positive Feedback : 0

New tires, bars, saddle on my Chrome Kilo Empty
PostSubject: New tires, bars, saddle on my Chrome Kilo   New tires, bars, saddle on my Chrome Kilo Icon_minitime2/25/2011, 5:03 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Kilo TT Stripper in Chrome, 57.
Back to top Go down
C.J.
n00b
n00b
C.J.

PostSubject: Re: New tires, bars, saddle on my Chrome Kilo   New tires, bars, saddle on my Chrome Kilo Icon_minitime2/27/2011, 1:29 pm

Thats a nice looking Kilo TT, what cranks are those?
Back to top Go down
DirtyBobbysBikes
Leader
Leader
DirtyBobbysBikes

Seller Positive Feedback : 6

PostSubject: Re: New tires, bars, saddle on my Chrome Kilo   New tires, bars, saddle on my Chrome Kilo Icon_minitime2/27/2011, 1:44 pm

Took a minute but it finally clicked. I saw you on Bikeforums.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/dirtybobbysbikes
i_am_you
n00b
n00b
i_am_you

PostSubject: Re: New tires, bars, saddle on my Chrome Kilo   New tires, bars, saddle on my Chrome Kilo Icon_minitime2/27/2011, 2:21 pm

Yeah! haha. I have acquired a bit of an embarrassing reputation on there it seems, but such is the fate of the new fixed gear bicycle rider Smile

EDIT: Those are stock cranks. They look pretty run of the mill to me, but I never really notice cranks at all. I got some black plastic BMX pedals today and I have some of those thick white foot straps to put on. Gonna look sweet!
Back to top Go down
DirtyBobbysBikes
Leader
Leader
DirtyBobbysBikes

PostSubject: Re: New tires, bars, saddle on my Chrome Kilo   New tires, bars, saddle on my Chrome Kilo Icon_minitime2/27/2011, 2:26 pm

Yeah i've learned to be careful about what I say on there. I'm waiting till I get my pedals before I post my new rig on there again. I can tell you already they're gonna not like the chain I'm running on it. It's whatever. The bikeforms people in general are pretty damn cool, unlike the snobs on roadbikereview.
Back to top Go down
i_am_you
n00b
n00b
i_am_you

PostSubject: Re: New tires, bars, saddle on my Chrome Kilo   New tires, bars, saddle on my Chrome Kilo Icon_minitime2/27/2011, 2:37 pm

DirtyBobbysBikes wrote:
The bikeforms people in general are pretty damn cool, unlike the snobs on roadbikereview.

Yeah I agree. I've never been on roadbikereview, but I wonder if it has to do with how long a forum has been active. Like, after a while you get guys who have been on there so long that they have just seen the same questions being asked over and over and over. But I mean, you have to expect that, right? We aren't dealing with an incredibly diverse, intricate subject here. It's riding bikes. There are going to be a lot of the same questions - forever! My policy is, if you don't like a thread, ignore it!

But yeah, I like the people on bikeforums, they aren't nasty at all, they just poke a lil fun here and there.
Back to top Go down
DirtyBobbysBikes
Leader
Leader
DirtyBobbysBikes

PostSubject: Re: New tires, bars, saddle on my Chrome Kilo   New tires, bars, saddle on my Chrome Kilo Icon_minitime2/27/2011, 2:51 pm

I think the roadbike review crowd is more of an older roadie crowd, so the fixed gear thing is not their thing, I think theres a generational gap there. I've had a lot of people of that forum make some pretty dick comments to me, so I just don't go there anymore, but be warned about them. The bikeforums crowd is a little more diverse than that and as you found out they will give you a little shit, but it's generally all in fun IMO. This forum was pretty quiet, seems like it's picking up a little lately, which I like. It's also more laid back than any other forum i've been on. If you have questions ask, i've been in the industry since 02, I usually have answers, if not I can get them. Surprised
Back to top Go down
i_am_you
n00b
n00b
i_am_you

PostSubject: Re: New tires, bars, saddle on my Chrome Kilo   New tires, bars, saddle on my Chrome Kilo Icon_minitime2/27/2011, 2:55 pm

Rad, thanks. Yeah I like this forum and I think it could be so much fun we just have to jumpstart it. I guess we just keep on posting and it will snowball from there. I'm sure you've seen these two videos but in case you haven't:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

and

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
DirtyBobbysBikes
Leader
Leader
DirtyBobbysBikes

PostSubject: Re: New tires, bars, saddle on my Chrome Kilo   New tires, bars, saddle on my Chrome Kilo Icon_minitime2/27/2011, 3:05 pm

Yeah i've seen those. I actually watched an episode of portlandia the other day, it's pretty dumb IMO. It's dumb in the kind of way that only Fred Armisen could be. Some of the bits remind me of SNL bits.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New tires, bars, saddle on my Chrome Kilo   New tires, bars, saddle on my Chrome Kilo Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New tires, bars, saddle on my Chrome Kilo
Page 1 of 1