Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

BEAR sTRAPS

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Host
Host
Admin

Seller Positive Feedback : 10

BEAR sTRAPS Empty
PostSubject: BEAR sTRAPS   BEAR sTRAPS Icon_minitime5/8/2010, 6:20 am

These straps are AMAZING. Brad did a great job hand making these. The straps I got were just a prototype but man they are awesome! The fabric is VERY strong. I doubt anybody can rip through it. He actually updated the fabric and stitching so it looks cleaner and is much stronger. So for this review I am just going to review the straps I received and not the updated ones.

Ride and comfort: The ride is much more fun! Having a large platform on my foot feels so good. On top of that it is much easier to skid. On my MKS pedals I would only be able to skid with 1 type of shoe and they were my flat Nikes. My other shoes would slip 80% of the time out of the strap. With these straps I can use any shoe I want! +1 for that one! It is fairly easy to put my foot in because you have a good 1 inch of pedal to put the tip of your foot on to slide it in. These are better than your regular track pedals. If you are strict on keeping it track go ahead I'm all for it. But if you are using your pedals for commuting or even tricking... I HIGHLY suggest trying these out.

Material: HIGH QUALITY. For $30 you CANNOT let me say that again CANNOT be any more satisfied with what you get. The stitching is precise and tripled on some parts of the strap. The velcro is well built as well.

Tips: When buying your pedals make sure they have a big enough gap to put the strap in. If not... You have to do what I had to do and that is to dremel it open. I also suggest sanding down the corners that hit the strap so it is smooth and wont cut the strap's material through time. Another thing I did was dremel out the rivets so it is easier to slide your foot in. You can leave the bottom rivets on for grip when you don't feel like strapping on.

Cons:
-Velcro facing the outside can catch grass, hair, pebbles, etc.
thats about it..

Support your local rider! Support your fellow member!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Final Review:
Ride and comfort 9 out of 10
Looks and style 7 out of 10
Price 10 out of 10
Material 8.5 out of 10
Back to top Go down
https://fixies.forumotion.com

BEAR sTRAPS
Page 1 of 1