Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bottom Brackets

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jeffshmeff
Guru
Guru
jeffshmeff

Seller Positive Feedback : 4

Bottom Brackets Empty
PostSubject: Bottom Brackets   Bottom Brackets Icon_minitime3/18/2010, 4:36 am

Anyone know anything about bottom bracket sizing? I need to get a bottom bracket for my Scrambler. I know the width is 68mm but I don't know what length the spindle should be. I've heard 110mm are usual for track bottom brackets and for 120mm rear wheel spacing. Is there also different kind of widths for the spindles?
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Paulo

Bottom Brackets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bottom Brackets   Bottom Brackets Icon_minitime3/18/2010, 4:53 am

The spindle length depends on the cranks you decide to get. If you look online at the cranks you want, there should be something on there telling you what bottom bracket spindle length to get for a 42mm (ideal) chainline. For example, I believe the Sugino RD2 Messengers use a 103mm spindle.
Back to top Go down
http://paulodelacruz.tumblr.com
jeffshmeff
Guru
Guru
jeffshmeff

Bottom Brackets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bottom Brackets   Bottom Brackets Icon_minitime3/18/2010, 5:05 am

Paulo wrote:
The spindle length depends on the cranks you decide to get. If you look online at the cranks you want, there should be something on there telling you what bottom bracket spindle length to get for a 42mm (ideal) chainline. For example, I believe the Sugino RD2 Messengers use a 103mm spindle.

I can't find my crank online. All I know is the brand is Vero. Seems like a cheaper crank but its been working fine for me. Came on my bike that I bought at performance. Just a regular single speed crank. Either a 170 or 175mm crank arm with a 130bcd. I wanted to buy a bottom bracket off craigslist thats why.
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Paulo

Bottom Brackets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bottom Brackets   Bottom Brackets Icon_minitime3/18/2010, 5:10 am

I think your cranks are FSA Veros. I found them on a Jamis Beatnik complete build, which has a 68 x 108mm bottom bracket on it.
Back to top Go down
http://paulodelacruz.tumblr.com
jeffshmeff
Guru
Guru
jeffshmeff

Bottom Brackets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bottom Brackets   Bottom Brackets Icon_minitime3/18/2010, 10:27 am

Paulo wrote:
I think your cranks are FSA Veros. I found them on a Jamis Beatnik complete build, which has a 68 x 108mm bottom bracket on it.

Thanks. I'll try that and see how it works out.
Back to top Go down
mattamatta
Leader
Leader
mattamatta

Seller Positive Feedback : 1

Bottom Brackets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bottom Brackets   Bottom Brackets Icon_minitime3/18/2010, 12:38 pm

You may want to check your hubs to make sure they are designed for a 42mm chainline. Most track style hubs seem to be.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mattthayer.com
Sponsored content

Bottom Brackets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bottom Brackets   Bottom Brackets Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bottom Brackets
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Fixed Forums :: Modifications-
Jump to: