Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brakes or Brakeless?

Go down 
+17
nerdfixi
poorman
lilfatsupra
TJW
The Tim
sean
supermario6582
LuisRidesAbike
ziovan
jeffshmeff
mattamatta
paulmitchel
Paulo
Admin
edgenail
andr3
VinceEatsPho
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
lilfatsupra
n00b
n00b
lilfatsupra

Seller Positive Feedback : 0

Brakes or Brakeless? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brakes or Brakeless?   Brakes or Brakeless? - Page 2 Icon_minitime4/26/2010, 2:12 am

Ride no brakes.
Back to top Go down
poorman
Lurker
Lurker
poorman

PostSubject: Re: Brakes or Brakeless?   Brakes or Brakeless? - Page 2 Icon_minitime5/10/2010, 2:48 am

breakless!
Back to top Go down
http://goldmicropenis.tumblr.com
nerdfixi
Follower
Follower
nerdfixi

Seller Positive Feedback : 1

PostSubject: Re: Brakes or Brakeless?   Brakes or Brakeless? - Page 2 Icon_minitime5/13/2010, 11:56 am

brakes for sho even if your a pro. just saying safty first
Back to top Go down
mattamatta
Leader
Leader
mattamatta

Seller Positive Feedback : 1

PostSubject: Re: Brakes or Brakeless?   Brakes or Brakeless? - Page 2 Icon_minitime5/13/2010, 9:16 pm

All that zen stuff about looking further down the world, being aware of your surroundings, and whatnot - you should be doing that anyway. Just chances are, you're not, at least not all the time - takes some strength of mind to concentrate that hard for an extended period of time.

Chances are you'll slip without brakes also, and it only takes one "oh shit" moment to ruin things.

That's my opinion anyway. I can't force anyone to subscribe to it, but be aware that whatever you do on the public road way, you can easily endanger other people as well as yourself - a bike's gonna take the worst of any bike/car collision, but what if a car swerves around a bike who loses control and wraps around a pole or falls into a ravine? We're not just a danger to ourselves, but we very well have the power to cause accidents to others. Just something to think about when considering bike safety.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mattthayer.com
teamELI
teamELI

Seller Positive Feedback : 2

PostSubject: Re: Brakes or Brakeless?   Brakes or Brakeless? - Page 2 Icon_minitime5/14/2010, 1:52 am

i say ride brakes. i have almost been hit too many times riding, but managed to stay safe cause of my brakes
Back to top Go down
mnstr_hyde
Follower
Follower
mnstr_hyde

Seller Positive Feedback : 3

PostSubject: Re: Brakes or Brakeless?   Brakes or Brakeless? - Page 2 Icon_minitime11/14/2010, 1:48 am

LOL for brakes
Back to top Go down
Casbah
n00b
n00b
Casbah

PostSubject: Re: Brakes or Brakeless?   Brakes or Brakeless? - Page 2 Icon_minitime11/16/2010, 6:01 am

Use your imagination and accept the potential consequences, no matter how remote, of riding brakeless before you take it off.

I recently took mine off but am going to re-install mine every once and then.

I'm thinking that, should I get in a wreck, I'd just be helping the other party in court by not having a brake.

Back to top Go down
mnstr_hyde
Follower
Follower
mnstr_hyde

Seller Positive Feedback : 3

PostSubject: Re: Brakes or Brakeless?   Brakes or Brakeless? - Page 2 Icon_minitime11/20/2010, 10:58 pm

Casbah wrote:
Use your imagination and accept the potential consequences, no matter how remote, of riding brakeless before you take it off.

I recently took mine off but am going to re-install mine every once and then.

I'm thinking that, should I get in a wreck, I'd just be helping the other party in court by not having a brake.

Yea that's right, stick it too the man the intellectual way. Keep those brakes even if you don't use it.
Back to top Go down
Casbah
n00b
n00b
Casbah

PostSubject: Re: Brakes or Brakeless?   Brakes or Brakeless? - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/19/2010, 10:14 am

Dude, I wish I had my brake on a few days ago.. I only ride with my right strap and when I was braking my left foot slipped and I crashed. Also wasn't wearing my helmet and I smacked my head on the pavement. What makes that even stupider is before I left the house I realized I was walking out the door without it and said fuck it.
Back to top Go down
jindapee
n00b
n00b
jindapee

PostSubject: Re: Brakes or Brakeless?   Brakes or Brakeless? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/27/2011, 6:23 am

does anyone know what the laws are riding a brakeless bike in NYC are? i've heard that if you're in an accident riding a bike without brakes you're riding a bike illegal for street use, therefore unable to file suit and collect any kind of compensation.

i normally ride with a front brake. but i just bought a new bike and im torn between being "safe" and having a brake and keeping the bike simple. [i say "safe" because i know the dangers of riding in NYC and i know that a brake is not going to guarantee that i won't get into an accident.]

i've geared down to a 48x17t set up which is lower than what im used to to compensate for riding without a brake.
Back to top Go down
http://www.photovongsa.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brakes or Brakeless?   Brakes or Brakeless? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brakes or Brakeless?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2