Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Eighthinch crankset

Go down 
+2
fdpval
Admin
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Host
Host
Admin

Seller Positive Feedback : 10

Eighthinch crankset Empty
PostSubject: Eighthinch crankset   Eighthinch crankset Icon_minitime3/14/2010, 9:45 am

It doesn't creak like my stock one. Thats all i can review for now. But it is very very very nice!

Taken from cyclingcloseouts.com
The Eighth-Inch Crankset brings style and durability together without sacrificing quality. Forged crankarms, matching 46 tooth chainring, and crank bolts all included!

* Includes 46 tooth 1/8" Chainring
* Forged aluminum
* 130mm BCD
* Includes Crank Bolts!
* Requires a separate square taper 107mm-110mm (JIS) bottom bracket
* Requires the use of a 1/8" chain (not 3/32")
* Brand new with retail packaging!
* 620 Grams Average Weight
Back to top Go down
https://fixies.forumotion.com
fdpval
Lurker
Lurker
fdpval

Seller Positive Feedback : 0

PostSubject: Re: Eighthinch crankset   Eighthinch crankset Icon_minitime3/14/2010, 3:44 pm

haha awesome. would you recommend it?
Back to top Go down
andrewmgalvan
Lurker
Lurker
andrewmgalvan

Seller Positive Feedback : 2

PostSubject: Re: Eighthinch crankset   Eighthinch crankset Icon_minitime3/15/2010, 12:42 am

they're decent. dianne's brother has one, you could always change out the chainring.
Back to top Go down
http://www.andrewmgalvan.com
Admin
Host
Host
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Eighthinch crankset   Eighthinch crankset Icon_minitime3/15/2010, 2:30 am

If youre looking for an upgrade I would recommend it. But if youre in the market for something "pro" i should say. I would get something else.
Back to top Go down
mattamatta
Leader
Leader
mattamatta

Seller Positive Feedback : 1

PostSubject: Re: Eighthinch crankset   Eighthinch crankset Icon_minitime3/20/2010, 1:49 am

I wonder if youre stock crankset is really at fault for the creaking, or if the cranks or pedals were installed poorly.... maybe improper crank torque, or not enough grease on the pedal threads?....
Back to top Go down
http://www.mattthayer.com
andr3
andr3

PostSubject: Re: Eighthinch crankset   Eighthinch crankset Icon_minitime3/20/2010, 4:28 am

mattamatta wrote:
I wonder if youre stock crankset is really at fault for the creaking, or if the cranks or pedals were installed poorly.... maybe improper crank torque, or not enough grease on the pedal threads?....

I had the same creaking problem when I had Sugino Messengers. I was told by my local bike shop it was my gearing. at the time I rode 49x14.. I then switched the Messengers out to Sugino 75's and the creaking went away. It may be your gearing man..

I tried cleaning/greasing/cleaning and re-greasing again and again, but it didn't work until I had new cranks. I don't suggest Messenger Cranks or anything 130bcd for a big gear.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Host
Host
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Eighthinch crankset   Eighthinch crankset Icon_minitime3/20/2010, 5:50 am

andr3 wrote:
mattamatta wrote:

I had the same creaking problem when I had Sugino Messengers. I was told by my local bike shop it was my gearing. at the time I rode 49x14.. I then switched the Messengers out to Sugino 75's and the creaking went away. It may be your gearing man..

I tried cleaning/greasing/cleaning and re-greasing again and again, but it didn't work until I had new cranks. I don't suggest Messenger Cranks or anything 130bcd for a big gear.

I was on a 48/15 maybe that was the problem. Now im on a 46/16 even number. Who knows. But either way I love my set up now
Back to top Go down
The Tim
Lurker
Lurker
The Tim

PostSubject: Re: Eighthinch crankset   Eighthinch crankset Icon_minitime3/31/2010, 8:47 pm

im debating of picking up this crankset or a livery one not sure which one to get yet..my buddy had the same problem with the creaking he was running a 46/15 now he's running a 46/16 and a 46/19 no creaking
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eighthinch crankset   Eighthinch crankset Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eighthinch crankset
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Marketplace :: Product Reviews-
Jump to: