Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

stripped my rear hub

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jeromespleen
n00b
n00b
Jeromespleen

Seller Positive Feedback : 0

stripped my rear hub Empty
PostSubject: stripped my rear hub   stripped my rear hub Icon_minitime2/28/2011, 9:44 am

Ok so today i was riding and i started really cranking up a hill and either my chain slipped which i doubt since it's still tensioned properly, or i stripped the threads on my cog/hub. Any one have advice on a strong rear hub/cog assembly that i can really torque and not strip?
Back to top Go down
scmalex
Follower
Follower
scmalex

Seller Positive Feedback : 3

PostSubject: Re: stripped my rear hub   stripped my rear hub Icon_minitime2/28/2011, 9:59 am

Jeromespleen wrote:
Ok so today i was riding and i started really cranking up a hill and either my chain slipped which i doubt since it's still tensioned properly, or i stripped the threads on my cog/hub. Any one have advice on a strong rear hub/cog assembly that i can really torque and not strip?
the lockring might just be loose, but i guess you were going up hill...

formula hubs work fine, but really anything more expensive will work better or just as good.

whats your price range?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/AlexanderNiknejad
rocferd
Lurker
Lurker
rocferd

Seller Positive Feedback : -1

PostSubject: Re: stripped my rear hub   stripped my rear hub Icon_minitime3/4/2011, 7:11 am

You likely just need to tighten your cog and then your lockring afterwards. Cogs need to be checked for thightness when they've just been replaced.
Back to top Go down
scmalex
Follower
Follower
scmalex

PostSubject: Re: stripped my rear hub   stripped my rear hub Icon_minitime3/4/2011, 7:26 am

rocferd wrote:
You likely just need to tighten your cog and then your lockring afterwards. Cogs need to be checked for thightness when they've just been replaced.
if he was going up hill, the cog would only get tighter... its either stripped or not tightened
Back to top Go down
rocferd
Lurker
Lurker
rocferd

Seller Positive Feedback : -1

PostSubject: Re: stripped my rear hub   stripped my rear hub Icon_minitime3/4/2011, 7:56 am

scmalex wrote:
rocferd wrote:
if he was going up hill, the cog would only get tighter... its either stripped or not tightened

I was implying that his cog wasn't tightened all the way. So as he pedalled up hill, the slipping feeling he experienced, was his cog tightening.
Back to top Go down
scmalex
Follower
Follower
scmalex

PostSubject: Re: stripped my rear hub   stripped my rear hub Icon_minitime3/4/2011, 9:44 am

rocferd wrote:
scmalex wrote:
rocferd wrote:

I was implying that his cog wasn't tightened all the way. So as he pedalled up hill, the slipping feeling he experienced, was his cog tightening.
gotcha...
to the OP. ride up a big hill and bring a chainwhip and lockring tool. tighten that shit up Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: stripped my rear hub   stripped my rear hub Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

stripped my rear hub
Page 1 of 1