Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What're the chances...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Define
n00b
n00b
Define

Seller Positive Feedback : 0

What're the chances... Empty
PostSubject: What're the chances...   What're the chances... Icon_minitime2/16/2011, 11:09 am

Riding home today from the local Starbucks, and my tire pops about 2 seconds from the house. Get home pull it off, checking it out. Turns out a bristle from a wire brush made its way through my Kevlar bead tires and popped my tube... lol I should try the lotto XD
Back to top Go down
DirtyBobbysBikes
Leader
Leader
DirtyBobbysBikes

Seller Positive Feedback : 6

PostSubject: Re: What're the chances...   What're the chances... Icon_minitime2/16/2011, 11:29 am

That's what you get for buying from starbucks. lol
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/dirtybobbysbikes
Define
n00b
n00b
Define

PostSubject: Re: What're the chances...   What're the chances... Icon_minitime2/16/2011, 11:41 am

Lol, lesson learned!
Back to top Go down
DirtyBobbysBikes
Leader
Leader
DirtyBobbysBikes

PostSubject: Re: What're the chances...   What're the chances... Icon_minitime2/16/2011, 12:03 pm

Independently owned coffee shops are where it's at. This philosophy applies to many things in life, not just coffee. Smile
Back to top Go down
Define
n00b
n00b
Define

PostSubject: Re: What're the chances...   What're the chances... Icon_minitime2/16/2011, 3:59 pm

Yea, I feel ya. But there sadly aren't any local privately owned coffee shops, I used to go to this one close by but they're long gone =/
Back to top Go down
DirtyBobbysBikes
Leader
Leader
DirtyBobbysBikes

PostSubject: Re: What're the chances...   What're the chances... Icon_minitime2/17/2011, 12:47 am

That's a bummer.
Back to top Go down
Define
n00b
n00b
Define

PostSubject: Re: What're the chances...   What're the chances... Icon_minitime2/18/2011, 4:17 am

Ya man. I figure $1.50 a day ain't so bad lol
Back to top Go down
DirtyBobbysBikes
Leader
Leader
DirtyBobbysBikes

PostSubject: Re: What're the chances...   What're the chances... Icon_minitime2/18/2011, 8:44 am

I have a starbucks by the shop i work at like a quarter mile from my house. I ride an extra 3 milles out of my way to go buy coffee from the family owned independant place in town. While i'm quitting bad habits this year, giving money to starbucks is one of them. Something i've resently been into is funding people and their families, not huge corporations that over charge for a mediocre product. Just me. Now if someone else buys it then i'll drink it, but i'm not pulling out my wallet there.
Back to top Go down
Define
n00b
n00b
Define

PostSubject: Re: What're the chances...   What're the chances... Icon_minitime2/18/2011, 12:58 pm

I feel ya, but there there's nothing but a starbucks around. Sad but true, i'd have no problem makin up the distance for an independant shop but there's none to be found Neutral
Back to top Go down
i_am_you
n00b
n00b
i_am_you

PostSubject: Re: What're the chances...   What're the chances... Icon_minitime2/25/2011, 2:13 am

You should order beans online! But I know, it's nice to get coffee on the go, although not really when you're riding. I totally agree, I think in the near future we will see a movement towards locally owned, smaller businesses. I don't think anybody is in denial anymore about the fact that corporations are now our political "leaders".

I don't like Starbucks. I don't even like Peet's. I don't like any store that has a 2 of its stores in every city. It makes it impossible for people like us to get together and start our own co-op coffee house. And how sweet would that be!
Back to top Go down
DirtyBobbysBikes
Leader
Leader
DirtyBobbysBikes

PostSubject: Re: What're the chances...   What're the chances... Icon_minitime2/25/2011, 12:05 pm

Off the top of my head I can think of like 6 starbucks locations within a say 20 minute ride from my house. It's sad. If you're in a car the number more than doubles. Death to corporate coffee!
Back to top Go down
i_am_you
n00b
n00b
i_am_you

PostSubject: Re: What're the chances...   What're the chances... Icon_minitime2/25/2011, 12:09 pm

WTF is a car?? afro
Back to top Go down
DirtyBobbysBikes
Leader
Leader
DirtyBobbysBikes

PostSubject: Re: What're the chances...   What're the chances... Icon_minitime2/25/2011, 1:05 pm

Something I have an abundance of, like bikes.
Back to top Go down
Define
n00b
n00b
Define

PostSubject: Re: What're the chances...   What're the chances... Icon_minitime2/27/2011, 4:17 am

Haha, I wish there was a local coffee shop. Alot more chill then sitting at a Starbucks, but what're you gunna do Neutral
Back to top Go down
Define
n00b
n00b
Define

PostSubject: Re: What're the chances...   What're the chances... Icon_minitime2/27/2011, 4:19 am

i_am_you wrote:
You should order beans online! But I know, it's nice to get coffee on the go, although not really when you're riding. I totally agree, I think in the near future we will see a movement towards locally owned, smaller businesses. I don't think anybody is in denial anymore about the fact that corporations are now our political "leaders".

I don't like Starbucks. I don't even like Peet's. I don't like any store that has a 2 of its stores in every city. It makes it impossible for people like us to get together and start our own co-op coffee house. And how sweet would that be!

"The Fixed Coffee Shop" We should start a movement!n Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DirtyBobbysBikes
Leader
Leader
DirtyBobbysBikes

PostSubject: Re: What're the chances...   What're the chances... Icon_minitime2/27/2011, 6:50 am

Dirty Bobby's Bikes n Coffee lol
Back to top Go down
i_am_you
n00b
n00b
i_am_you

PostSubject: Re: What're the chances...   What're the chances... Icon_minitime2/27/2011, 2:32 pm

I went to college in Santa Cruz and there is a coffee shop in town called Pergalesi. It is the go-to spot for hipster kids, scene kids, what have you. The whole place just reeked of exclusivity. Once I went in there and I guess all the baristas had decided on the same day that they were all going to start wearing Tom's shoes, you know those slip on canvas ones? Yeah well, none of them wore socks of course, because that isn't fashionable (I'll admit, Tom's look tacky with socks), nor had they bought any foot powder. And maaaaan did that place reek of feet. And I mean, bad! And I totally called them out on it, and they were Not. Happy. I mean these are the sort of uptight hipster kids who do NOT have a sense of humor about themselvse. Lol.

But our coffee shop won't be like that, of course Wink
Back to top Go down
DirtyBobbysBikes
Leader
Leader
DirtyBobbysBikes

PostSubject: Re: What're the chances...   What're the chances... Icon_minitime2/27/2011, 2:59 pm

hipster and douche bag kinda go hand and hand anymore. some people care entirely to much about what other people think.
Back to top Go down
Define
n00b
n00b
Define

PostSubject: Re: What're the chances...   What're the chances... Icon_minitime3/2/2011, 10:19 am

haha, ya. Life's too short to worry about what people are thinking about you. And I can only imagine. But don't they make socks that you can't see even with extra low top shoes lol. I can't imagine they'd cost more than 5 bucks a pack...
Back to top Go down
DirtyBobbysBikes
Leader
Leader
DirtyBobbysBikes

PostSubject: Re: What're the chances...   What're the chances... Icon_minitime3/2/2011, 10:50 am

I wear socks. don't care how it looks. sweaty feet in shoes, really sweaty feet in general is no bueno.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What're the chances...   What're the chances... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What're the chances...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Fixed Forums :: General Discussion-
Jump to: