Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

When is it too old to ride a fixie?

Go down 
+2
DirtyBobbysBikes
ibsoulbean
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ibsoulbean
n00b
n00b
ibsoulbean

Seller Positive Feedback : 0

When is it too old to ride a fixie? Empty
PostSubject: When is it too old to ride a fixie?   When is it too old to ride a fixie? Icon_minitime2/14/2011, 11:10 am

I'm 46, but love anything on two wheels and have found myself with this fixie fetish... I love these things.
Back to top Go down
DirtyBobbysBikes
Leader
Leader
DirtyBobbysBikes

Seller Positive Feedback : 6

PostSubject: Re: When is it too old to ride a fixie?   When is it too old to ride a fixie? Icon_minitime2/14/2011, 11:51 am

What are you riding? Lets see the rig.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/dirtybobbysbikes
ibsoulbean
n00b
n00b
ibsoulbean

PostSubject: Re: When is it too old to ride a fixie?   When is it too old to ride a fixie? Icon_minitime2/14/2011, 11:07 pm

Well, I'm more of an artist, so my latest bike I have taken apart is a new Schwinn Cutter for the black motif. I know it's a cheap bike, but in the end, it will have a great bottom bracket and sprocket set up, great wheels, great forks, and a will be a great ride... I have another Target bought brown Schwinn 700c bike I converted to a back pedal stop single speed, and a Frankenstein Kmart aluminum hybrid funky looking thing that I will post a picture of soon. I set it on the fixed side and it's weird but fun to ride... It's got a bunch of Motorcycle stickers (HRC, Pro Circuit, DST, etc.), you'll see it. It's grey with black.

Great exercise too!
Back to top Go down
ibsoulbean
n00b
n00b
ibsoulbean

PostSubject: Re: When is it too old to ride a fixie?   When is it too old to ride a fixie? Icon_minitime2/14/2011, 11:15 pm

I think it up loaded...
Back to top Go down
ibsoulbean
n00b
n00b
ibsoulbean

PostSubject: Re: When is it too old to ride a fixie?   When is it too old to ride a fixie? Icon_minitime2/14/2011, 11:18 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
ibsoulbean
n00b
n00b
ibsoulbean

PostSubject: Re: When is it too old to ride a fixie?   When is it too old to ride a fixie? Icon_minitime2/14/2011, 11:25 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Oh. Here we go...
Back to top Go down
i_am_you
n00b
n00b
i_am_you

PostSubject: Re: When is it too old to ride a fixie?   When is it too old to ride a fixie? Icon_minitime2/25/2011, 1:59 am

I wouldn't say you can ever be too old to do anything, as long as your knees can handle stopping quickly enough without straps or brakes! I know mine can't and I'm 24.
Back to top Go down
rocferd
Lurker
Lurker
rocferd

Seller Positive Feedback : -1

PostSubject: Re: When is it too old to ride a fixie?   When is it too old to ride a fixie? Icon_minitime3/4/2011, 7:05 am

You're never too old. Like dude above said, as long as your knees can handle it. Ever heard of Sheldon Brown (RIP)? Check out SheldonBrown.com.
Back to top Go down
mnstr_hyde
Follower
Follower
mnstr_hyde

Seller Positive Feedback : 3

PostSubject: Sheldon   When is it too old to ride a fixie? Icon_minitime5/3/2011, 10:45 pm

rocferd wrote:
You're never too old. Like dude above said, as long as your knees can handle it. Ever heard of Sheldon Brown (RIP)? Check out SheldonBrown.com.

Wow i found that website when i first got into biking again. Well i use to bmx but hwne i wanted to get into road biking ie. fixies the sheldon brown website was the first place i found a learned so much. Wow.

Also hes passed on? Is this true? How did that happen?
Back to top Go down
rocferd
Lurker
Lurker
rocferd

Seller Positive Feedback : -1

PostSubject: Re: When is it too old to ride a fixie?   When is it too old to ride a fixie? Icon_minitime5/4/2011, 4:22 am

Yeah, he passed in `08, if I'm remembering correctly. I believe it was from heart failure. He was ill prior to his passing and either could no longer ride bikes or just couldn't ride fixed. I was pretty bummed when I found out. I mean, I just discovered him and how inspirational of a person he was, only to find he had passed more than 2 years previously. I'm glad his wife and son continue to keep his site up and contribute to it.
Back to top Go down
jeffshmeff
Guru
Guru
jeffshmeff

Seller Positive Feedback : 4

PostSubject: Re: When is it too old to ride a fixie?   When is it too old to ride a fixie? Icon_minitime5/4/2011, 1:53 pm

Yeah, I think he was in a wheelchair before he passed away. If you guys ever go to downtown and hit up a bike shop called "Fix", Shamus, who runs the place, also knows a great deal about bicycle history and know how. Good guy
Back to top Go down
mnstr_hyde
Follower
Follower
mnstr_hyde

Seller Positive Feedback : 3

PostSubject: Re: When is it too old to ride a fixie?   When is it too old to ride a fixie? Icon_minitime5/9/2011, 1:25 am

Wow, thats a Bummer. Im glad i found his site and im glad i still ride. People like him made it possible for me to find a new adventure and love for riding a bicycle.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When is it too old to ride a fixie?   When is it too old to ride a fixie? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

When is it too old to ride a fixie?
Page 1 of 1