Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Small Shogun Samurai

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
tayiralon
n00b
n00b
tayiralon

Seller Positive Feedback : 0

Small Shogun Samurai Empty
PostSubject: Small Shogun Samurai   Small Shogun Samurai Icon_minitime9/20/2010, 4:19 am

Hey
I like to ask about an old Shogun Samurai. What makes this Shogun so interesting is the wheel setup. It has a 26" wheel in the back and a much smaller one in the front. It does have pretty nice components though with Nitto stem and bar and Shimano 105 Biospace cranks[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Do you think this thing can be made fixed gear?
Will I be able to just replace the back wheel for a 700c and it will be OK?

Thank you!

T
Back to top Go down
nerdfixi
Follower
Follower
nerdfixi

Seller Positive Feedback : 1

PostSubject: Re: Small Shogun Samurai   Small Shogun Samurai Icon_minitime9/22/2010, 6:59 am

what size is the front wheel? i think u can make it fixed
Back to top Go down
WhatACatchDonny
Lurker
Lurker
WhatACatchDonny

Seller Positive Feedback : 0

PostSubject: Re: Small Shogun Samurai   Small Shogun Samurai Icon_minitime9/22/2010, 9:29 am

For some reason I love how much smaller that front wheel is. And you can definitely make it fixed. The front wheel shouldn't have any effect.

However the back wheel might create some problems. I doubt 700c will fit, but you should definitely give in a try.

Here are your options:
Use the existing Rear wheel. Remove both the cassette of gears and the freewheel and replace them with a fixed cog, a lockring sealed with locktite (usually a lockring from a bottom bracket works great), and possible a couple spacers on either side of the cog to straighten your chainline.

OR

You can get a new rear wheel. You'll probably have to have one built since 26" is not a common size for a rear wheel. 650c might fit but it could be a little tight. Your LBS should be able to build you a wheel using a 26" rim and a fixed hub.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Small Shogun Samurai   Small Shogun Samurai Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Small Shogun Samurai
Page 1 of 1