Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

my TT is too big

Go down 
+6
punkbrad
andrewmgalvan
Admin
Paulo
paulmitchel
ustolemymarbles
10 posters
AuthorMessage
ustolemymarbles
n00b
n00b
ustolemymarbles

Seller Positive Feedback : 0

my TT is too big Empty
PostSubject: my TT is too big   my TT is too big Icon_minitime3/9/2010, 2:13 pm

mercier kilo TT 50cm just a bit too close for comfort...

I went to 2 LBS (both performance bike) and they recommended a 50cm even after I showed them the print out of the geometry. Same night I ordered from bikesdirect.(good price) Paulo informed me that 50cm was too big..and after searching through forums I concurred.

So I emailed them and they were cool about it..they said I could open it and put it together to see if it fit, and if not I can exchange it for the 47cm..so it came in and did the damn thang! I have to tippy-toe to clear it. WHACK! BUT, from what I saw it looked pretty sick. Cant wait until the right size comes in.

droppin another $40 for the exchange shipping..

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

thats as high as I want to pull the frame up into my package..definitely wont clear haha

Last edited by ustolemymarbles on 3/10/2010, 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
paulmitchel
paulmitchel

Seller Positive Feedback : 4

my TT is too big Empty
PostSubject: Re: my TT is too big   my TT is too big Icon_minitime3/9/2010, 4:21 pm

ustolemymarbles wrote:
mercier kilo TT 50cm just a bit too close for comfort...

I went to 2 LBS (both performance bike) and they recommended a 50cm even after I showed them the print out of the geometry. Same night I ordered from bikesdirect.(good price) Paulo informed me that 50cm was too big..and after searching through forums I concurred.

So I emailed them and they were cool about it..they said I could open it and put it together to see if it fit, and if not I can exchange it for the 47cm..so it came in and did the damn thang! I have to tippy-toe to clear it. WHACK! BUT, from what I saw it looked pretty sick. Cant wait until the right size comes in.

droppin another $40 for the exchange shipping..

when I figure out how to post images I'll get those up haha!

Im sorry to hear that man. they mustve sized you wrong... you should measure youre inseams youre self to see what size you should get. when you do get it, go ahead and introduce yourself in the introduce yourself thread. i hope you like toe overlap. just saying
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Paulo

Seller Positive Feedback : 4

my TT is too big Empty
PostSubject: Re: my TT is too big   my TT is too big Icon_minitime3/9/2010, 4:55 pm

I told you, man. Performance is wack sometimes. Toe overlap should be fine as long as you're not trying to ride in circles very slowly, haha.
Back to top Go down
http://paulodelacruz.tumblr.com
Admin
Host
Host
Admin

Seller Positive Feedback : 10

my TT is too big Empty
PostSubject: Re: my TT is too big   my TT is too big Icon_minitime3/10/2010, 12:32 am

First off I would like to say nice title lol. Sorry it's going to cost you another $40 from somebody elses mistake. I went by paulos advise and went by my pant length size minus an inch or 2. Once you get the right size it'll be worth the wait. For the mean time order some new pedals the plastic ones it comes with are garbage. Good luck to ya!
Back to top Go down
https://fixies.forumotion.com
andrewmgalvan
Lurker
Lurker
andrewmgalvan

Seller Positive Feedback : 2

my TT is too big Empty
PostSubject: Re: my TT is too big   my TT is too big Icon_minitime3/10/2010, 2:24 am

Paulo wrote:
I told you, man. Performance is wack sometimes. Toe overlap should be fine as long as you're not trying to ride in circles very slowly, haha.

The best performance is on midway by sports arena, bonita SMD
Back to top Go down
http://www.andrewmgalvan.com
punkbrad
punkbrad

Seller Positive Feedback : 11

my TT is too big Empty
PostSubject: Re: my TT is too big   my TT is too big Icon_minitime3/10/2010, 2:13 pm

andrewmgalvan wrote:
Paulo wrote:

The best performance is on midway by sports arena, bonita SMD

i agree - the shop dudes are all Dirt jumper / park guys who are cool as hell and good wrenches..
Back to top Go down
msg joe
n00b
n00b
msg joe

my TT is too big Empty
PostSubject: Re: my TT is too big   my TT is too big Icon_minitime3/11/2010, 8:19 am

i had the same problem .. i ended up gettin a 49cm..
Back to top Go down
Mannysaurz!
n00b
n00b
Mannysaurz!

my TT is too big Empty
PostSubject: Re: my TT is too big   my TT is too big Icon_minitime3/12/2010, 12:44 pm

i ride my bikes like 2cm big but i dont have leg extension or anything i just trick out xP
Back to top Go down
LuisRidesAbike
n00b
n00b
LuisRidesAbike

my TT is too big Empty
PostSubject: Re: my TT is too big   my TT is too big Icon_minitime3/26/2010, 8:33 am

It says on bikes direct that they run big, and they mean it. a 50cm kilo tt is pretty much a standard 53cm because they measure c-c not c-t.
Back to top Go down
supermario6582
Lurker
Lurker
supermario6582

my TT is too big Empty
PostSubject: Re: my TT is too big   my TT is too big Icon_minitime3/28/2010, 2:25 am

wow, that's pretty cool that they're letting you exchange it like that. sucks that you have to pay for shipping again though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

my TT is too big Empty
PostSubject: Re: my TT is too big   my TT is too big Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

my TT is too big
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Fixed Forums :: General Discussion-
Jump to: