Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Why Your Area Sucks.

Go down 
+13
wbfever14
awwlehber
kvachon415
nerdfixi
The Tim
Paulo
DirtyBobbysBikes
Output
punkbrad
scmalex
jeffshmeff
Admin
paulmitchel
17 posters
AuthorMessage
paulmitchel
paulmitchel

Seller Positive Feedback : 4

Why Your Area Sucks. Empty
PostSubject: Why Your Area Sucks.   Why Your Area Sucks. Icon_minitime5/24/2010, 1:58 pm

This thread is for all the reasons why your city, state, country sucks or isnt as cycle friendly as you want it to be.
Back to top Go down
paulmitchel
paulmitchel

PostSubject: Re: Why Your Area Sucks.   Why Your Area Sucks. Icon_minitime5/24/2010, 2:00 pm

Korea Stairs; why they're cool

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

New York Earth Day; why we suck

Back to top Go down
Admin
Host
Host
Admin

Seller Positive Feedback : 10

PostSubject: Re: Why Your Area Sucks.   Why Your Area Sucks. Icon_minitime5/25/2010, 5:45 am

Rocky Roads and bad drivers! Most of all bad scenery. In south san diego
Back to top Go down
https://fixies.forumotion.com
jeffshmeff
Guru
Guru
jeffshmeff

PostSubject: Re: Why Your Area Sucks.   Why Your Area Sucks. Icon_minitime5/25/2010, 7:21 am

Hilly. Paradise hills. Drivers don't care for bikers. Night riding is too scary, in some parts. Haha
Back to top Go down
scmalex
Follower
Follower
scmalex

Seller Positive Feedback : 3

PostSubject: Re: Why Your Area Sucks.   Why Your Area Sucks. Icon_minitime5/25/2010, 8:02 am

San Diego in general... some unavoidable big hills and reckless, ignorant drivers. One forced me into an oncoming lane once >Sad
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/AlexanderNiknejad
punkbrad
punkbrad

Seller Positive Feedback : 11

PostSubject: Re: Why Your Area Sucks.   Why Your Area Sucks. Icon_minitime5/25/2010, 8:21 am

listen kids - until you've tried to ride road bikes or BMX in Victorville, CA, where there are no sich things as sidewalks, tolerant people, or skateparks, San Diego is the fuckin legit city to live in! haha.
Back to top Go down
Output
n00b
n00b
Output

Seller Positive Feedback : 0

PostSubject: Re: Why Your Area Sucks.   Why Your Area Sucks. Icon_minitime5/28/2010, 1:33 pm

Spring Valley: eh.

Loads of hills, rocky roads w/ potholes, ghetto hood, crappy and rude drivers. I swear, riding through Grand Ave (SV) at 9PM was a near death experience. The 7/11 on the Jamacha Blvd. got robbed for like the 3rd time this week.

Of course, they'res those nice stretches with decent pavement, but the negatives outweigh the goodies.
Back to top Go down
DirtyBobbysBikes
Leader
Leader
DirtyBobbysBikes

Seller Positive Feedback : 6

PostSubject: Re: Why Your Area Sucks.   Why Your Area Sucks. Icon_minitime5/30/2010, 3:19 am

My area sucks cuz no one from here posts on this forum. I feel like i'm all alone here.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/dirtybobbysbikes
Paulo
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Why Your Area Sucks.   Why Your Area Sucks. Icon_minitime5/30/2010, 4:19 pm

DirtyBobbysBikes wrote:
My area sucks cuz no one from here posts on this forum. I feel like i'm all alone here.

You should tell your friends to join. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://paulodelacruz.tumblr.com
The Tim
Lurker
Lurker
The Tim

PostSubject: Re: Why Your Area Sucks.   Why Your Area Sucks. Icon_minitime6/2/2010, 10:23 pm

punkbrad wrote:
listen kids - until you've tried to ride road bikes or BMX in Victorville, CA, where there are no sich things as sidewalks, tolerant people, or skateparks, San Diego is the fuckin legit city to live in! haha.

i hear that punkbrad. my family lives in v.v. id try riding out there i gave up too bad to ride lol. s.d is better alot more place to ride. Riverside has some horrible sports when i ride home from work sometimes it just sucks huge crack in the road, pot holes galore, people dont pay attention to bikers
Back to top Go down
nerdfixi
Follower
Follower
nerdfixi

Seller Positive Feedback : 1

PostSubject: Re: Why Your Area Sucks.   Why Your Area Sucks. Icon_minitime6/8/2010, 8:34 am

hahaha you guys got nothing on me in Fontana if you have a good ass bike some one will go up to you crack you and tack your bike i know its happen to me. and the streets are crap
Back to top Go down
kvachon415
n00b
n00b
kvachon415

PostSubject: Re: Why Your Area Sucks.   Why Your Area Sucks. Icon_minitime6/15/2010, 7:52 am

East County blows....pot holes that hold water for days, horse shit in the bike lanes...and hicks that don't even know how to ride a bike
Back to top Go down
awwlehber
n00b
n00b
awwlehber

PostSubject: Re: Why Your Area Sucks.   Why Your Area Sucks. Icon_minitime8/22/2010, 3:24 pm

jeffshmeff wrote:
Hilly. Paradise hills. Drivers don't care for bikers. Night riding is too scary, in some parts. Haha

This
Back to top Go down
wbfever14
n00b
n00b
wbfever14

PostSubject: Re: Why Your Area Sucks.   Why Your Area Sucks. Icon_minitime9/21/2010, 4:05 am

Old Thread. However, I live in north Mississippi (Oxford) and can say its the best and worst place to ride fixed. Beautiful views, yet awful drivers. I'm also one of maybe 5-10 people in a college town who ride fixed on a regular basis. Not hating on my town, just throwing my 2cents out.
Back to top Go down
MiguelC
n00b
n00b
MiguelC

PostSubject: Re: Why Your Area Sucks.   Why Your Area Sucks. Icon_minitime10/19/2010, 10:25 am

No hills and retarded drivers.
Back to top Go down
RestEasy
n00b
n00b
RestEasy

PostSubject: Re: Why Your Area Sucks.   Why Your Area Sucks. Icon_minitime10/31/2010, 12:56 am

Here in long beach the drivers ain't too bAd it's the shitty roads n cops u have to watch out for
Back to top Go down
Casbah
n00b
n00b
Casbah

PostSubject: Re: Why Your Area Sucks.   Why Your Area Sucks. Icon_minitime11/14/2010, 3:12 pm

I ride from Carrollton to Dallas several times a week and cheat with a bus ride. I feel like these people want to kill me. They'll tail you and throw things at you. It's like they've never seen somebody riding a bike.

Oak Cliff is becoming a bit more friendly to cyclists, and I've heard they have a little fixie "scene" somewhere.

I miss living in Denver, that city was pretty friendly as far as cycling goes. Roads sucked though.
Back to top Go down
mnstr_hyde
Follower
Follower
mnstr_hyde

Seller Positive Feedback : 3

PostSubject: Re: Why Your Area Sucks.   Why Your Area Sucks. Icon_minitime11/14/2010, 6:03 pm

RestEasy wrote:
Here in long beach the drivers ain't too bAd it's the shitty roads n cops u have to watch out for

Yea what happened too being most bike friendly city? Lol.
Well at least we have more fixie chick riders and there always looking good. (Whoop) yea so use too ride hermosa beach plenty so its a different pace from just seeing chicks on beach cruisers for a change ; )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why Your Area Sucks.   Why Your Area Sucks. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why Your Area Sucks.
Page 1 of 1