Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Should we let guests lurk the forum?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Host
Host
Admin

Seller Positive Feedback : 10

Should we let guests lurk the forum? Empty
PostSubject: Should we let guests lurk the forum?   Should we let guests lurk the forum? Icon_minitime5/14/2010, 2:32 am

Or should we keep it as is. So you have to register in order to see the content?
Back to top Go down
https://fixies.forumotion.com
jeffshmeff
Guru
Guru
jeffshmeff

Seller Positive Feedback : 4

PostSubject: Re: Should we let guests lurk the forum?   Should we let guests lurk the forum? Icon_minitime5/14/2010, 6:29 am

Can you make it so they can only see the first page of any thread? Then they would have to register to see everything else? Or maybe just select threads.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Host
Host
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Should we let guests lurk the forum?   Should we let guests lurk the forum? Icon_minitime5/14/2010, 10:06 am

I can try.. I doubt it though
Back to top Go down
mattamatta
Leader
Leader
mattamatta

Seller Positive Feedback : 1

PostSubject: Re: Should we let guests lurk the forum?   Should we let guests lurk the forum? Icon_minitime5/14/2010, 1:57 pm

I say let 'em lurk. I always hate when forums won't let you see any content without being registered. I don't think I've ever registered for any of those. What's the point if you don't know what the forum is like that you're even registering for?

I probably wouldn't have blindly registered here - it was the still relatively small group full of enthusiasm and excitement for bikes and just enjoying riding, and that it was a large group of local people, that made me register here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mattthayer.com
Admin
Host
Host
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Should we let guests lurk the forum?   Should we let guests lurk the forum? Icon_minitime5/14/2010, 2:16 pm

Nice point
Back to top Go down
mnstr_hyde
Follower
Follower
mnstr_hyde

Seller Positive Feedback : 3

PostSubject: Re: Should we let guests lurk the forum?   Should we let guests lurk the forum? Icon_minitime11/10/2011, 6:03 am

mattamatta wrote:
I say let 'em lurk. I always hate when forums won't let you see any content without being registered. I don't think I've ever registered for any of those. What's the point if you don't know what the forum is like that you're even registering for?

I probably wouldn't have blindly registered here - it was the still relatively small group full of enthusiasm and excitement for bikes and just enjoying riding, and that it was a large group of local people, that made me register here.

Good point. Why buy a car you cant test drive first.. or in our case ride a bike.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should we let guests lurk the forum?   Should we let guests lurk the forum? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Should we let guests lurk the forum?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Fixed Forums :: News and announcements-
Jump to: