Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Eighthinch drop bars

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Host
Host
Admin

Seller Positive Feedback : 10

Eighthinch drop bars Empty
PostSubject: Eighthinch drop bars   Eighthinch drop bars Icon_minitime3/28/2010, 2:40 pm

taken from cyclingcloseouts.com:
Our most popular bar ever- the Eighth-Inch Classic Track Handlebars offer multiple hand positions for maximum comfort. Available in four colors to match your ride!

* 25.8 / 26.0 mm Clamp Size
* All aluminum construction
* Advertised weight: 300 grams
* Very shallow drop- 115mm

Ok at first I thought they looked sick but I am the type to put my hands near the middle. You cant do that with these. Well you can if you dont have brakes or other accessories but it curves right away and it hurts your wrists after awhile. I have to say they are VERY comfortable to ride with. At the same time it is sort of difficult to do skids because your thighs hit the bar. Well, I got a 40cm. I suggest you get a 42cm :l. Other than that everything is all good and gravy
Back to top Go down
https://fixies.forumotion.com
jeffshmeff
Guru
Guru
jeffshmeff

Seller Positive Feedback : 4

PostSubject: Re: Eighthinch drop bars   Eighthinch drop bars Icon_minitime3/29/2010, 10:11 am

Mandrew wrote:
taken from cyclingcloseouts.com:
Our most popular bar ever- the Eighth-Inch Classic Track Handlebars offer multiple hand positions for maximum comfort. Available in four colors to match your ride!

* 25.8 / 26.0 mm Clamp Size
* All aluminum construction
* Advertised weight: 300 grams
* Very shallow drop- 115mm

Ok at first I thought they looked sick but I am the type to put my hands near the middle. You cant do that with these. Well you can if you dont have brakes or other accessories but it curves right away and it hurts your wrists after awhile. I have to say they are VERY comfortable to ride with. At the same time it is sort of difficult to do skids because your thighs hit the bar. Well, I got a 40cm. I suggest you get a 42cm :l. Other than that everything is all good and gravy

If you don't ride down on the drops, I say you wrap only the top part. It doesn't look bad and it'll save your hands some pain. As for the brakes and light, just put them as close to the stem as possible. Shouldn't be too much of a hassle.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Host
Host
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Eighthinch drop bars   Eighthinch drop bars Icon_minitime3/29/2010, 11:12 am

Yeah I do ride the drops for comfort but I ride the top when I get ready for skidding. I tried to put the accessories as close as possible but the mid gets to thick and cant make its way around it Sad
Back to top Go down
jeffshmeff
Guru
Guru
jeffshmeff

PostSubject: Re: Eighthinch drop bars   Eighthinch drop bars Icon_minitime3/29/2010, 12:02 pm

Mandrew wrote:
Yeah I do ride the drops for comfort but I ride the top when I get ready for skidding. I tried to put the accessories as close as possible but the mid gets to thick and cant make its way around it Sad

well thats weak. sell the bars, haha. I see a lot of people, including myself, grab the bars kind of on the side of the drop bars (if that makes sense). That way the brakes or whatever isn't in the way and you can still get a good grip and leverage. Feels a little awkward at first though.
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Eighthinch drop bars   Eighthinch drop bars Icon_minitime3/29/2010, 12:04 pm

This will probably fit right at the stem.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

$10.95 is super cheap. The one I had (before I sold it) I got for $20 something.
Back to top Go down
http://paulodelacruz.tumblr.com
Admin
Host
Host
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Eighthinch drop bars   Eighthinch drop bars Icon_minitime3/29/2010, 12:54 pm

thanks dude! probably buy it on payday
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eighthinch drop bars   Eighthinch drop bars Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eighthinch drop bars
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Marketplace :: Product Reviews-
Jump to: