Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I hope this means parts will get cheaper...

Go down 
+4
paulmitchel
Darryl Bagaoisan
Admin
Paulo
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Paulo
Paulo

Seller Positive Feedback : 4

I hope this means parts will get cheaper... Empty
PostSubject: I hope this means parts will get cheaper...   I hope this means parts will get cheaper... Icon_minitime3/26/2010, 12:02 pm

It was bound to happen sometime.

Wal-Mart is now selling a "fixed-speed" bicycle.

Check this and this out.
Back to top Go down
http://paulodelacruz.tumblr.com
Admin
Host
Host
Admin

Seller Positive Feedback : 10

PostSubject: Re: I hope this means parts will get cheaper...   I hope this means parts will get cheaper... Icon_minitime3/26/2010, 12:14 pm

wow thats crazy
Back to top Go down
https://fixies.forumotion.com
Darryl Bagaoisan
Follower
Follower
Darryl Bagaoisan

Seller Positive Feedback : 0

PostSubject: Re: I hope this means parts will get cheaper...   I hope this means parts will get cheaper... Icon_minitime3/26/2010, 12:39 pm

Your crank set and back wheel will prolly snap off the first time you try to skid. pig
Seems like a good deal, but i didn't read the specs or anything.
Back to top Go down
paulmitchel
paulmitchel

PostSubject: Re: I hope this means parts will get cheaper...   I hope this means parts will get cheaper... Icon_minitime3/26/2010, 12:52 pm

^ agreed. wouldnt trust any of the parts.

also, side note. im not a fan of things i like getting mainstreamed.

also side note. cool that theyre spreading the word of fixed gear. confused? yes i know. im good at that.

also, prolly started because of the great trail rider Chris Akrigg. if you dont know him, hes dipping into fixed gear every now and then, heres a link to his first sessh on a Fixed. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

EDIT; started because walmart is infamous on selling mongoose and Chris rides mongoose
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: I hope this means parts will get cheaper...   I hope this means parts will get cheaper... Icon_minitime3/26/2010, 1:03 pm

paulmitchel wrote:
^ agreed. wouldnt trust any of the parts.

also, side note. im not a fan of things i like getting mainstreamed.

also side note. cool that theyre spreading the word of fixed gear. confused? yes i know. im good at that.

also, prolly started because of the great trail rider Chris Akrigg. if you dont know him, hes dipping into fixed gear every now and then, heres a link to his first sessh on a Fixed. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

EDIT; started because walmart is infamous on selling mongoose and Chris rides mongoose

That was his FIRST fixed sesh?! All without clips and straps, too. That man is awesome.
Back to top Go down
paulmitchel
paulmitchel

PostSubject: Re: I hope this means parts will get cheaper...   I hope this means parts will get cheaper... Icon_minitime3/26/2010, 1:04 pm

hes been in the game long, background experience. check out his second sessh vid. and some of his trail vids dudes dope
Back to top Go down
punkbrad
punkbrad

Seller Positive Feedback : 11

PostSubject: Re: I hope this means parts will get cheaper...   I hope this means parts will get cheaper... Icon_minitime3/26/2010, 8:49 pm

It was bound to happen. 2 or 3 years ago 90% of fixed gear bikes were build-ups or OG track frames and conversions. now (much like I did) one can walk into any LBS and pick up a fixed with flip flop hub and decent parts made for the fixed target market.

Mongoose used to be the shit when i was 8 years old and riding BMX, now they are majority shite department store bikes.

I hate Wal-Mart and i do not shop there becuase they have horrid policy on how they treat employees, but even if i did, a $149 bike is not a bike i want to be on heading down Park Ave downhill at 25MPH when the fork snaps because the shitty welds on a $149 complete couldnt hold up to a slight bump in the road... NO THANKS!
Back to top Go down
supermario6582
Lurker
Lurker
supermario6582

PostSubject: Re: I hope this means parts will get cheaper...   I hope this means parts will get cheaper... Icon_minitime3/28/2010, 2:22 am

wow...just wow. but yeah, like it was said before. i don't know if i would trust the parts on that thing. i guess we'll just have to wait for the reviews to come out on it. it might make a really good "my first fixie" bike.
Back to top Go down
keiththesneak
n00b
n00b
keiththesneak

PostSubject: Re: I hope this means parts will get cheaper...   I hope this means parts will get cheaper... Icon_minitime3/29/2010, 11:17 pm

my fork is more than that bike. :S
Back to top Go down
The Tim
Lurker
Lurker
The Tim

PostSubject: Re: I hope this means parts will get cheaper...   I hope this means parts will get cheaper... Icon_minitime3/31/2010, 8:48 am

my wheel set was more than this bike! haha it looks like a decent bike not to sure about mongoose anymore used to be a badass brand now its eh.
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: I hope this means parts will get cheaper...   I hope this means parts will get cheaper... Icon_minitime3/31/2010, 12:26 pm

Hehe, I have a Mongoose scooter.
Back to top Go down
punkbrad
punkbrad

Seller Positive Feedback : 11

PostSubject: Re: I hope this means parts will get cheaper...   I hope this means parts will get cheaper... Icon_minitime3/31/2010, 11:28 pm

Paulo wrote:
Hehe, I have a Mongoose scooter.

i wouldnt go around telling people that! haha. nice to meet you doode. PB.
Back to top Go down
The Tim
Lurker
Lurker
The Tim

PostSubject: Re: I hope this means parts will get cheaper...   I hope this means parts will get cheaper... Icon_minitime4/2/2010, 8:45 pm

there are 3 reviews on this bike so far on the 2nd link posted. all 3 were good feedbacks. still skeptical though. im happy with my conversion that i did
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: I hope this means parts will get cheaper...   I hope this means parts will get cheaper... Icon_minitime4/8/2010, 1:49 am

BikeSnobNYC has reviewed this bike!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
supermario6582
Lurker
Lurker
supermario6582

PostSubject: Re: I hope this means parts will get cheaper...   I hope this means parts will get cheaper... Icon_minitime4/8/2010, 6:51 am

damn lots of problems with that bike. i guess that was pretty much expected though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I hope this means parts will get cheaper...   I hope this means parts will get cheaper... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I hope this means parts will get cheaper...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Fixed Forums :: General Discussion-
Jump to: