Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Took my first FIXED ride today.

Go down 
+4
mattamatta
Admin
jeffshmeff
punkbrad
8 posters
AuthorMessage
punkbrad
punkbrad

Seller Positive Feedback : 11

Took my first FIXED ride today. Empty
PostSubject: Took my first FIXED ride today.   Took my first FIXED ride today. Icon_minitime3/25/2010, 9:50 am

After coasting down Park Ave last night and feeling guilty about my freewheel in the fixed forum, i decided to flip-flop the hub and ride fixed today.

i put in about 5 miles around balboa park - taking it easy, regulating my speeds and figuring out how to start and stop as smoothly and safely as possible.

It was A LOT of fun.

In all my years of riding i have never experienced anything like it. I must say that i plan on leaving the hub fixed and trying it out some more as I am sure i will continue to love it.

thanks to paul, andrew, eli & matt for the tips and tricks last night - PB.
Back to top Go down
jeffshmeff
Guru
Guru
jeffshmeff

Seller Positive Feedback : 4

PostSubject: Re: Took my first FIXED ride today.   Took my first FIXED ride today. Icon_minitime3/25/2010, 10:40 am

SWEEET! I'm glad you're enjoying it. You're just gonna love it more and more
Back to top Go down
Admin
Host
Host
Admin

Seller Positive Feedback : 10

PostSubject: Re: Took my first FIXED ride today.   Took my first FIXED ride today. Icon_minitime3/25/2010, 11:27 am

Yeah man its just the best feeling ever! Thats how I fell in love...
Back to top Go down
https://fixies.forumotion.com
mattamatta
Leader
Leader
mattamatta

Seller Positive Feedback : 1

PostSubject: Re: Took my first FIXED ride today.   Took my first FIXED ride today. Icon_minitime3/25/2010, 11:30 am

Nice, I'm glad you had fun!

How bout that momentum you can feel, and the way when starting the cranks start in motion as soon as you shove off!

I always liked that.

I bet you'll be a pro at it by next time we ride.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mattthayer.com
punkbrad
punkbrad

PostSubject: Re: Took my first FIXED ride today.   Took my first FIXED ride today. Icon_minitime3/25/2010, 12:15 pm

It was fun - i do like the "connected" feel of being pushed and pulled by the cranks as the bike moves forward.. it opens new doors with beign able to pedal backwards and move backwards.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Admin
Host
Host
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Took my first FIXED ride today.   Took my first FIXED ride today. Icon_minitime3/25/2010, 12:54 pm

Bust some foot jam tail whips while youre at it haha

Last edited by Mandrew on 3/25/2010, 12:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
supermario6582
Lurker
Lurker
supermario6582

Seller Positive Feedback : 0

PostSubject: Re: Took my first FIXED ride today.   Took my first FIXED ride today. Icon_minitime3/25/2010, 12:54 pm

nice man! i just started riding fixed maybe about a month ago. i dove right in though. my first fixed ride was a 30 mile ride on the santa ana river trail in anaheim.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Host
Host
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Took my first FIXED ride today.   Took my first FIXED ride today. Icon_minitime3/25/2010, 12:55 pm

supermario6582 wrote:
nice man! i just started riding fixed maybe about a month ago. i dove right in though. my first fixed ride was a 30 mile ride on the santa ana river trail in anaheim.

Youre like me man! Its been about a month and my first ride was almost 30 miles. More like 26
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Took my first FIXED ride today.   Took my first FIXED ride today. Icon_minitime3/25/2010, 12:56 pm

supermario6582 wrote:

Hehe, Mandrew's first fixed ride was about 25 miles with me, paulmitchel, and fdpval.
Back to top Go down
http://paulodelacruz.tumblr.com
Paulo
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Took my first FIXED ride today.   Took my first FIXED ride today. Icon_minitime3/25/2010, 12:57 pm

Mandrew wrote:
supermario6582 wrote:

Youre like me man! Its been about a month and my first ride was almost 30 miles. More like 26

Oops, you beat me
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Took my first FIXED ride today.   Took my first FIXED ride today. Icon_minitime3/25/2010, 1:22 pm

I forgot to add--congrats on making the switch, Brad! It's just something else entirely, right?
Back to top Go down
punkbrad
punkbrad

PostSubject: Re: Took my first FIXED ride today.   Took my first FIXED ride today. Icon_minitime3/25/2010, 8:27 pm

Paulo wrote:
I forgot to add--congrats on making the switch, Brad! It's just something else entirely, right?

yeah - im used to straightning out the cranks when i have to go off a curb or over a bump - cant do that anymore.. haha...
Back to top Go down
paulmitchel
paulmitchel

PostSubject: Re: Took my first FIXED ride today.   Took my first FIXED ride today. Icon_minitime3/26/2010, 11:26 am

i like the word "connection" with one's bike. its this different feeling that took me away and neglected my mountain and road bikes....

im glad to hear youre enjoying it
Back to top Go down
punkbrad
punkbrad

PostSubject: Re: Took my first FIXED ride today.   Took my first FIXED ride today. Icon_minitime3/26/2010, 11:42 am

paulmitchel wrote:
i like the word "connection" with one's bike. its this different feeling that took me away and neglected my mountain and road bikes....

im glad to hear youre enjoying it

thanks Paul - i re-rode our route from tuesday today and threw in some gaslamp zigs and zags. its wierd but fun - i like the fixed gear feel...

i dunno if i could ever leave my dirt jumper tho...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
The Tim
Lurker
Lurker
The Tim

Seller Positive Feedback : 0

PostSubject: Re: Took my first FIXED ride today.   Took my first FIXED ride today. Icon_minitime3/27/2010, 9:16 am

glad you like it. its a awesome feeling learning to test your limits and what your capable of. i too been riding fixed for little over a month did a 30 mile ride my first time out. soo much fun. havent used my brakes learning how to control my legs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Took my first FIXED ride today.   Took my first FIXED ride today. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Took my first FIXED ride today.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Fixed Forums :: General Discussion-
Jump to: