Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Me and Paulo's beach photoshoot!

Go down 
+3
billykra
Paulo
Admin
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Host
Host
Admin

Seller Positive Feedback : 10

Me and Paulo's beach photoshoot! Empty
PostSubject: Me and Paulo's beach photoshoot!   Me and Paulo's beach photoshoot! Icon_minitime3/8/2010, 4:14 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
https://fixies.forumotion.com
Paulo
Paulo

Seller Positive Feedback : 4

PostSubject: Re: Me and Paulo's beach photoshoot!   Me and Paulo's beach photoshoot! Icon_minitime3/9/2010, 7:53 am

That's an epic picture of my saddle, haha
Back to top Go down
http://paulodelacruz.tumblr.com
billykra
n00b
n00b
billykra

Seller Positive Feedback : 0

PostSubject: brakes   Me and Paulo's beach photoshoot! Icon_minitime3/10/2010, 12:13 pm

you guys should take those brakes off

goodnight
Back to top Go down
Admin
Host
Host
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Me and Paulo's beach photoshoot!   Me and Paulo's beach photoshoot! Icon_minitime3/10/2010, 12:17 pm

billykra wrote:

goodnight

im still too n00b to take em off Mad
and for what reason?

Last edited by Mandrew on 3/10/2010, 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
billykra
n00b
n00b
billykra

PostSubject: Re: Me and Paulo's beach photoshoot!   Me and Paulo's beach photoshoot! Icon_minitime3/10/2010, 12:27 pm

Mandrew wrote:
billykra wrote:

goodnight

and for what reason?

no reason just to get the real experience. ride with them for a week and try not to use them. it gets really fun when you get good at skids and such and dont need them

but its really your preference u know
Back to top Go down
Admin
Host
Host
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Me and Paulo's beach photoshoot!   Me and Paulo's beach photoshoot! Icon_minitime3/10/2010, 12:29 pm

billykra wrote:
Mandrew wrote:
billykra wrote:

goodnight

and for what reason?

no reason just to get the real experience. ride with them for a week and try not to use them. it gets really fun when you get good at skids and such and dont need them

yeah our friends dont ride with brakes. I try not to use them to practice a little. But when I do need to use em I do.
Back to top Go down
paulmitchel
paulmitchel

PostSubject: Re: Me and Paulo's beach photoshoot!   Me and Paulo's beach photoshoot! Icon_minitime3/10/2010, 3:23 pm

Mandrew wrote:
billykra wrote:
Mandrew wrote:
billykra wrote:

goodnight

and for what reason?

yeah our friends dont ride with brakes. I try not to use them to practice a little. But when I do need to use em I do.

This is how i see it;

when you ride with brakes (like when i ride my road bike, schwinn world) you dont really think of what youre doing. or thats how i feel

unlike when you ride without brakes. you tend to look 50 ft ahead of you, anticipate on what cars are going to do, when lights are going to change, ect. and it forces you to learn how to brake at any leg position.
Back to top Go down
paulmitchel
paulmitchel

PostSubject: Re: Me and Paulo's beach photoshoot!   Me and Paulo's beach photoshoot! Icon_minitime3/10/2010, 3:24 pm

but if youre not confident, theres nothing wrong with rocking those brakes.
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Paulo

PostSubject: Re: Me and Paulo's beach photoshoot!   Me and Paulo's beach photoshoot! Icon_minitime3/10/2010, 4:27 pm

I like my brake. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://paulodelacruz.tumblr.com
mattamatta
Leader
Leader
mattamatta

Seller Positive Feedback : 1

PostSubject: Re: Me and Paulo's beach photoshoot!   Me and Paulo's beach photoshoot! Icon_minitime3/11/2010, 12:15 am

I'm never going to ride on the street without at least a front brake, but they're like my helmet - I'm going to make sure to have it, but try not to ever use it. I haven't used my brake much aside from a few oops moments, but I keep one hand on it in certain situations, like riding through a narrow parking lot with cars on both sides that will almost certainly back out too quickly without looking. Hopefully I'll see them before they do and just slow or avoid, but I want to have the ability to panic stop if I need it - and I'd hope that those around me who can cause accidents are being just as careful. Plus I think my brake looks cool, and since it says Campagnolo on it and didn't cost me anything, it makes my bike look fancier.

I don't use a rear, although if I were to ride in slippery conditions, I think I might.

Sweet photos, btw, guys. Makes me want to get some high quality pics of my bike. Right now I only have cell phone pics.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mattthayer.com
msg joe
n00b
n00b
msg joe

PostSubject: Re: Me and Paulo's beach photoshoot!   Me and Paulo's beach photoshoot! Icon_minitime3/11/2010, 8:31 am

you know... nutting wrong with rocking a front brake. just put the rear brake in the front . thats all Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Admin
Host
Host
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Me and Paulo's beach photoshoot!   Me and Paulo's beach photoshoot! Icon_minitime3/11/2010, 8:35 am

msg joe wrote:
you know... nutting wrong with rocking a front brake. just put the rear brake in the front . thats all Very Happy

DONE DEAL. Rear brake was moved to the front. Me and Paulo actually had a LONG journey finding the front extended nut to put the brake in front. Unfortunately we failed after looking in like 8 stores. The bike shops down south are garbage. When we rode to Coronado less than a week ago Hollands Bicycles gave me one for free. Theyre so awesome. They even have a customer tool box!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Host
Host
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Me and Paulo's beach photoshoot!   Me and Paulo's beach photoshoot! Icon_minitime3/11/2010, 8:36 am

mattamatta wrote:
I'm never going to ride on the street without at least a front brake, but they're like my helmet - I'm going to make sure to have it, but try not to ever use it. I haven't used my brake much aside from a few oops moments, but I keep one hand on it in certain situations, like riding through a narrow parking lot with cars on both sides that will almost certainly back out too quickly without looking. Hopefully I'll see them before they do and just slow or avoid, but I want to have the ability to panic stop if I need it - and I'd hope that those around me who can cause accidents are being just as careful. Plus I think my brake looks cool, and since it says Campagnolo on it and didn't cost me anything, it makes my bike look fancier.

I don't use a rear, although if I were to ride in slippery conditions, I think I might.

Sweet photos, btw, guys. Makes me want to get some high quality pics of my bike. Right now I only have cell phone pics.

Definitely take pics!
Back to top Go down
mattamatta
Leader
Leader
mattamatta

Seller Positive Feedback : 1

PostSubject: Re: Me and Paulo's beach photoshoot!   Me and Paulo's beach photoshoot! Icon_minitime3/11/2010, 10:55 am

Mandrew wrote:

Definitely take pics!

I put one of my cell phone shots from riding the strand in Coronado up in the Bike Check thread, if you guys want to check it out. That path is a pretty nice ride! We took the ferry from downtown to coronado and rode out there to imperial beach and back. Times like that make it totally worthwhile to live near here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mattthayer.com
mnstr_hyde
Follower
Follower
mnstr_hyde

Seller Positive Feedback : 3

PostSubject: Re: Me and Paulo's beach photoshoot!   Me and Paulo's beach photoshoot! Icon_minitime11/13/2010, 11:28 pm

That's dope. I don't think I'm confident without out my rear brake I don't have a front. But In long beach if you don't have any brakes or bike license they will ticket you and possibly impound your bike for not having a brake. Bleh. ...

Just my 2cents..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Me and Paulo's beach photoshoot!   Me and Paulo's beach photoshoot! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Me and Paulo's beach photoshoot!
Page 1 of 1