Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

50cm Kilo TT w/ Graffiti on Top Tube Build

Go down 
+2
DirtyBobbysBikes
rocferd
6 posters
AuthorMessage
rocferd
Lurker
Lurker
rocferd

Seller Positive Feedback : -1

50cm Kilo TT w/ Graffiti on Top Tube Build Empty
PostSubject: 50cm Kilo TT w/ Graffiti on Top Tube Build   50cm Kilo TT w/ Graffiti on Top Tube Build Icon_minitime3/5/2011, 11:18 am

Was riding this initially. It was too small; I bought it from a dude who was shorter than myself. It fit & rode fine, but was aesthetically too small.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Found this on Craigslist and picked it up on Feb 1st.

The frame was powdercoated by the owner previous to the seller. There were several blemishes in the powdercoat, so I decided to paint over the said blemishes with some artwork.

Slapped some stickers on the down tube, showing support for a few of the homies.

What a difference 6cm makes. Had the steerer cut down this past Wed, so no more unsightly spacers above the stem. Well, I had the steerer left long enough to place a single thin spacer above the stem for added security. Also picked up a Thomson Elite and Origin 8 ProFit. Will use the Origin 8 most of the time since my bullhorns need a 26mm clamp. I don't have a 25.4mm bar at the moment. More photos to come shortly.
Back to top Go down
DirtyBobbysBikes
Leader
Leader
DirtyBobbysBikes

Seller Positive Feedback : 6

PostSubject: Re: 50cm Kilo TT w/ Graffiti on Top Tube Build   50cm Kilo TT w/ Graffiti on Top Tube Build Icon_minitime3/5/2011, 11:43 am

sweet man!
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/dirtybobbysbikes
jeffshmeff
Guru
Guru
jeffshmeff

Seller Positive Feedback : 4

PostSubject: Re: 50cm Kilo TT w/ Graffiti on Top Tube Build   50cm Kilo TT w/ Graffiti on Top Tube Build Icon_minitime3/8/2011, 3:38 am

Looks good with all the stickers you put on the downtube. Unique!!
Back to top Go down
rocferd
Lurker
Lurker
rocferd

PostSubject: Re: 50cm Kilo TT w/ Graffiti on Top Tube Build   50cm Kilo TT w/ Graffiti on Top Tube Build Icon_minitime3/8/2011, 12:16 pm

Bobby & Jeff, I appreciate the positive feedback, brothas. I'm picking up a 3M Velocity B-43 wheelset laced to Phil Woods w/ fixed-fixed rear, this week for $275. Includes tires & tubes too; I'm pretty stoked! Photos to come. Stay tuned.
Back to top Go down
Pelagic
n00b
n00b
Pelagic

Seller Positive Feedback : 3

PostSubject: Re: 50cm Kilo TT w/ Graffiti on Top Tube Build   50cm Kilo TT w/ Graffiti on Top Tube Build Icon_minitime3/9/2011, 12:03 am

That looks really nice. Didn't know where you were going when I saw the first pic, but upon arrival at the last pic... Killer! Are those Forte platform pedals, btw?
Back to top Go down
rocferd
Lurker
Lurker
rocferd

PostSubject: Re: 50cm Kilo TT w/ Graffiti on Top Tube Build   50cm Kilo TT w/ Graffiti on Top Tube Build Icon_minitime3/9/2011, 5:36 am

Pelagic wrote:
That looks really nice. Didn't know where you were going when I saw the first pic, but upon arrival at the last pic... Killer! Are those Forte platform pedals, btw?

Yes, they are the Forte Converts. I love 'em. Took a couple of spills when I first got them. I wasn't able to remove the traction pins prior to installing them. I wanted to, but broke my dad's 2mm allen wrench while attempting to. My feet got stuck in the pedals as a result of the pins and the fact that I was wearing Vans. I figured out quickly after, how to get out of the pedals so I wouldn't slam anymore. They're funny stories to tell people about though. Haha!
Back to top Go down
Pelagic
n00b
n00b
Pelagic

PostSubject: Re: 50cm Kilo TT w/ Graffiti on Top Tube Build   50cm Kilo TT w/ Graffiti on Top Tube Build Icon_minitime3/9/2011, 7:57 am

Thanks for that, I wondered if you liked 'em. Been there, done 'dat! Maybe I'll pick up a pair when they go on sale again (on Tues of course, additional 10% off!). I love my thermalite's, but they're kinda wide and I'm waiting to pedal-strike...
Back to top Go down
jeffshmeff
Guru
Guru
jeffshmeff

PostSubject: Re: 50cm Kilo TT w/ Graffiti on Top Tube Build   50cm Kilo TT w/ Graffiti on Top Tube Build Icon_minitime3/9/2011, 8:08 am

Where are you getting that wheelset from?! That's a steal!
Back to top Go down
Pelagic
n00b
n00b
Pelagic

PostSubject: Re: 50cm Kilo TT w/ Graffiti on Top Tube Build   50cm Kilo TT w/ Graffiti on Top Tube Build Icon_minitime3/9/2011, 8:14 am

No kidding huh? "BRING!!!" (old twilight zone episode quote)
Back to top Go down
rocferd
Lurker
Lurker
rocferd

PostSubject: Re: 50cm Kilo TT w/ Graffiti on Top Tube Build   50cm Kilo TT w/ Graffiti on Top Tube Build Icon_minitime3/9/2011, 8:51 am

jeffshmeff wrote:
Where are you getting that wheelset from?! That's a steal!

I'm getting them from a guy that works at a shop. He likely built them himself. Hopefully he still has them; I met and spoke to him about them last Wed. He's had them for a while now and stopped using them a while ago. Built a new wheelset, I guess. They've just been sitting around. He's tried to sell them on Craigslist several times, but no takers. Probably for more than what he's gonna sell them to me for. Called and left a message today. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Back to top Go down
rocferd
Lurker
Lurker
rocferd

PostSubject: Re: 50cm Kilo TT w/ Graffiti on Top Tube Build   50cm Kilo TT w/ Graffiti on Top Tube Build Icon_minitime3/9/2011, 9:00 am

Pelagic wrote:
Thanks for that, I wondered if you liked 'em. Been there, done 'dat! Maybe I'll pick up a pair when they go on sale again (on Tues of course, additional 10% off!). I love my thermalite's, but they're kinda wide and I'm waiting to pedal-strike...

Yeah, I picked mine up when they were on sale in Dec. I paid just under $60 after tax, I think. I've only struck when leaning far over. Fell only once; I was rolling somewhat slower, zig-zaging back & forth on a mellow hill, seeing how far I can lean over. The pedal planted rather than scraped, since I wasn't moving very fast. It was pretty funny. It was late at night, on my way home, so no witnesses were present. Haha!
Back to top Go down
mnstr_hyde
Follower
Follower
mnstr_hyde

PostSubject: Re: 50cm Kilo TT w/ Graffiti on Top Tube Build   50cm Kilo TT w/ Graffiti on Top Tube Build Icon_minitime4/8/2011, 5:27 am

[quote="rocferd"]Was riding this initially. It was too small; I bought it from a dude who was shorter than myself. It fit & rode fine, but was aesthetically too small.

Very much dopeness, Wanna paint my bike too?
Back to top Go down
Mr Berto
Lurker
Lurker
Mr Berto

Seller Positive Feedback : 0

PostSubject: Re: 50cm Kilo TT w/ Graffiti on Top Tube Build   50cm Kilo TT w/ Graffiti on Top Tube Build Icon_minitime4/8/2011, 5:45 am

Looks very Nice. Great job!
Back to top Go down
rocferd
Lurker
Lurker
rocferd

PostSubject: Re: 50cm Kilo TT w/ Graffiti on Top Tube Build   50cm Kilo TT w/ Graffiti on Top Tube Build Icon_minitime4/14/2011, 2:53 pm

rocferd wrote:
Was riding this initially. It was too small; I bought it from a dude who was shorter than myself. It fit & rode fine, but was aesthetically too small.

Found this on Craigslist and picked it up on Feb 1st.

The frame was powdercoated by the owner previous to the seller. There were several blemishes in the powdercoat, so I decided to paint over the said blemishes with some artwork.

Slapped some stickers on the down tube, showing support for a few of the homies.

What a difference 6cm makes. Had the steerer cut down this past Wed, so no more unsightly spacers above the stem. Well, I had the steerer left long enough to place a single thin spacer above the stem for added security. Also picked up a Thomson Elite and Origin 8 ProFit. Will use the Origin 8 most of the time since my bullhorns need a 26mm clamp. I don't have a 25.4mm bar at the moment. More photos to come shortly.

Here is the current state of my bike. Still have the stock stem on there; never got around to installing the black Origin 8 stem. Decided I like the look of a silver stem, so I'm gonna pick up a silver VO stem. Now using a Specialized Rival 143 saddle. It's pretty comfy; great for the commuting. That wheelset I mentioned I was picking up ended up being Deep V's rather than B-43's. There was a miscommunication. Running a Zaffiro Pro in the front and a Duro Fixie Pop in the back.

Back to top Go down
rocferd
Lurker
Lurker
rocferd

PostSubject: Re: 50cm Kilo TT w/ Graffiti on Top Tube Build   50cm Kilo TT w/ Graffiti on Top Tube Build Icon_minitime4/14/2011, 3:04 pm

Mr Berto wrote:

Thank you brotha.
Back to top Go down
Mr Berto
Lurker
Lurker
Mr Berto

Seller Positive Feedback : 0

PostSubject: Re: 50cm Kilo TT w/ Graffiti on Top Tube Build   50cm Kilo TT w/ Graffiti on Top Tube Build Icon_minitime4/15/2011, 2:50 am

rocferd wrote:
Mr Berto wrote:

Thank you brotha.
Your Welcome!
Back to top Go down
jeffshmeff
Guru
Guru
jeffshmeff

PostSubject: Re: 50cm Kilo TT w/ Graffiti on Top Tube Build   50cm Kilo TT w/ Graffiti on Top Tube Build Icon_minitime4/15/2011, 2:48 pm

I saw your post on SDFixed. I like it better on here. hahah. Looking good
Back to top Go down
rocferd
Lurker
Lurker
rocferd

PostSubject: Re: 50cm Kilo TT w/ Graffiti on Top Tube Build   50cm Kilo TT w/ Graffiti on Top Tube Build Icon_minitime4/24/2011, 6:38 am

Thank you, Jeff. Yo dude, we're in the same hood. We should ride brotha!
Back to top Go down
mnstr_hyde
Follower
Follower
mnstr_hyde

PostSubject: Re: 50cm Kilo TT w/ Graffiti on Top Tube Build   50cm Kilo TT w/ Graffiti on Top Tube Build Icon_minitime5/3/2011, 10:47 pm

Dam SD riderz1!#@$
Back to top Go down
rocferd
Lurker
Lurker
rocferd

PostSubject: Re: 50cm Kilo TT w/ Graffiti on Top Tube Build   50cm Kilo TT w/ Graffiti on Top Tube Build Icon_minitime5/4/2011, 4:25 am

What do you mean by this statement?
Back to top Go down
jeffshmeff
Guru
Guru
jeffshmeff

PostSubject: Re: 50cm Kilo TT w/ Graffiti on Top Tube Build   50cm Kilo TT w/ Graffiti on Top Tube Build Icon_minitime5/4/2011, 1:51 pm

Yo Rocferd, whats up with that ride? Lets do itttt. I live right by Morse.
Back to top Go down
rocferd
Lurker
Lurker
rocferd

PostSubject: Re: 50cm Kilo TT w/ Graffiti on Top Tube Build   50cm Kilo TT w/ Graffiti on Top Tube Build Icon_minitime5/4/2011, 2:25 pm

Yo, I'm doing the Thurs Night Ride this Thurs. You should roll; it should be pretty good this week.
Back to top Go down
jeffshmeff
Guru
Guru
jeffshmeff

PostSubject: Re: 50cm Kilo TT w/ Graffiti on Top Tube Build   50cm Kilo TT w/ Graffiti on Top Tube Build Icon_minitime5/5/2011, 2:46 am

Sorry man. Celebrating cinco de mayo with mi amigos! Have fun man!
Back to top Go down
mnstr_hyde
Follower
Follower
mnstr_hyde

PostSubject: Re: 50cm Kilo TT w/ Graffiti on Top Tube Build   50cm Kilo TT w/ Graffiti on Top Tube Build Icon_minitime5/9/2011, 1:28 am

rocferd wrote:
What do you mean by this statement?

Nah just hating, Smile
I wish i could find more LB riders wanna go ride instead of being drunk or smoking pot wayyyyyy too much. Plus i have schedule conflicts that dont allow me to ride late with other riders..
i work Thursday -Sunday nights Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 50cm Kilo TT w/ Graffiti on Top Tube Build   50cm Kilo TT w/ Graffiti on Top Tube Build Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

50cm Kilo TT w/ Graffiti on Top Tube Build
Page 1 of 1