Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I don't know how it happened....

Go down 
+3
scmalex
rocferd
DirtyBobbysBikes
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
DirtyBobbysBikes
Leader
Leader
DirtyBobbysBikes

Seller Positive Feedback : 6

I don't know how it happened.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I don't know how it happened....   I don't know how it happened.... - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/15/2011, 7:57 am

It's coming along. I still need to build the wheels for it and get a chainring, pedals, shoes and the tires. My red wheels look better on it than i thought they would, but they go to my langster.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/dirtybobbysbikes
DirtyBobbysBikes
Leader
Leader
DirtyBobbysBikes

PostSubject: Re: I don't know how it happened....   I don't know how it happened.... - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/27/2011, 1:55 pm

Got my chainring back and put the chain on. All I need now is pedals to get it rolling. I'll be building new wheels in a couple months.

Back to top Go down
Pelagic
n00b
n00b
Pelagic

Seller Positive Feedback : 3

PostSubject: Re: I don't know how it happened....   I don't know how it happened.... - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/1/2011, 1:04 am

Wow, nice looking ride, congrats!
Back to top Go down
DirtyBobbysBikes
Leader
Leader
DirtyBobbysBikes

PostSubject: Re: I don't know how it happened....   I don't know how it happened.... - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/1/2011, 7:11 am

Pedals ordered, hopefully wednsday i'll be rollin it. Made some extra money today too for my savings. That much closer to new wheels too.
Back to top Go down
Pelagic
n00b
n00b
Pelagic

PostSubject: Re: I don't know how it happened....   I don't know how it happened.... - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/1/2011, 9:03 am

Gotta like it when it works out that way. I flicked my old pedals and paid for my bearstraps and a new set of pedals too!
Back to top Go down
DirtyBobbysBikes
Leader
Leader
DirtyBobbysBikes

PostSubject: Re: I don't know how it happened....   I don't know how it happened.... - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/1/2011, 9:12 am

I'm getting Look keo blades. Ah yeah. As far as straps go i'm into the more traditional style of cages and straps. If I did get some straps like that though i'd rock the bears for sure Very Happy I should get some sick blue and pink bearstraps for my fuji, come to think of it.
Back to top Go down
Pelagic
n00b
n00b
Pelagic

PostSubject: Re: I don't know how it happened....   I don't know how it happened.... - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/1/2011, 9:24 am

This Kilo (50cm) has such severe overlap, my cages hit all the time. This way I can move my toes out of the way and the pedals themselves won't hit. Going to try some narrower platforms like S&M 101's for some more ground clearance if it proves to be an issue. As it stands, my (over)confidence in 700 x 23c tires is more of a problem since I seem to push the front end too much sometimes... Read "road-rash"! Sounds cool though, but what about some little speedplay's? That would be really minimal! Or maybe that's my ignorance speaking...
Back to top Go down
DirtyBobbysBikes
Leader
Leader
DirtyBobbysBikes

PostSubject: Re: I don't know how it happened....   I don't know how it happened.... - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/1/2011, 9:39 am

Not a huge fan of speedplays or crankbros for that matter. For clipless road style pedals i'm all about keos, for mtb style pedals i'm into SPDs. My fuji is my super casual "tarck" bike i guess you could call it, I could do some different straps on that rig. Maybe this summer when I repaint it. I can't wait for the blades to get here. Can't wait to get those on my bike and ride with my new shoes. Super stoked. The thing that sucks is my pedals should arrive just in time for it to rain. Not that i don't ride in the rain, just not on that bike.
Back to top Go down
Pelagic
n00b
n00b
Pelagic

PostSubject: Re: I don't know how it happened....   I don't know how it happened.... - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/1/2011, 9:46 am

Just isn't that much fun on skinny road tires in the rain even if the bike is killer, period!
Back to top Go down
Pelagic
n00b
n00b
Pelagic

PostSubject: Re: I don't know how it happened....   I don't know how it happened.... - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/1/2011, 9:46 am

Thinking good thoughts!
Back to top Go down
DirtyBobbysBikes
Leader
Leader
DirtyBobbysBikes

PostSubject: Re: I don't know how it happened....   I don't know how it happened.... - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/1/2011, 10:07 am

I ride my conversion in the rain. I don't like trashing my nicer bikes.
Back to top Go down
rocferd
Lurker
Lurker
rocferd

Seller Positive Feedback : -1

PostSubject: Re: I don't know how it happened....   I don't know how it happened.... - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/4/2011, 11:29 am

DirtyBobbysBikes wrote:
Got my chainring back and put the chain on. All I need now is pedals to get it rolling. I'll be building new wheels in a couple months.

I just picked up a Thomson Elite stem from a guy that works for Leader, for $60, unused. Is it really necessary to only use a Thomson shim when using one on a 1" steerer, or can I use a typical single-slit shim that many shops carry? I know Thomson doesn't recommend the use of non-Thomson shims, but you being a shop wrench, might have something different to say from experience.
Back to top Go down
DirtyBobbysBikes
Leader
Leader
DirtyBobbysBikes

PostSubject: Re: I don't know how it happened....   I don't know how it happened.... - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/4/2011, 12:48 pm

I'm pretty sure that could be made to work. The only thing about the elite that could possibly be an issue is the way the elite clamps. I have a X4 too and it's split like most stems. Try it. Looking at the thomson shim, its doesnt look any different from the generic ones.
Back to top Go down
rocferd
Lurker
Lurker
rocferd

PostSubject: Re: I don't know how it happened....   I don't know how it happened.... - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/4/2011, 1:26 pm

DirtyBobbysBikes wrote:
I'm pretty sure that could be made to work. The only thing about the elite that could possibly be an issue is the way the elite clamps. I have a X4 too and it's split like most stems. Try it. Looking at the thomson shim, its doesnt look any different from the generic ones.

Thank you for the input. I'll give it a try once I pick up a 25.4mm bar; looking at getting one of those Nitto drop bullhorns.
Back to top Go down
DirtyBobbysBikes
Leader
Leader
DirtyBobbysBikes

PostSubject: Re: I don't know how it happened....   I don't know how it happened.... - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/4/2011, 1:28 pm

Drop bullhorns?
Back to top Go down
scmalex
Follower
Follower
scmalex

PostSubject: Re: I don't know how it happened....   I don't know how it happened.... - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/4/2011, 1:29 pm

DirtyBobbysBikes wrote:
Drop bullhorns?

pursuit/aero bars?

like an rb021?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/AlexanderNiknejad
rocferd
Lurker
Lurker
rocferd

PostSubject: Re: I don't know how it happened....   I don't know how it happened.... - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/4/2011, 1:34 pm

scmalex wrote:
DirtyBobbysBikes wrote:
Drop bullhorns?

pursuit/aero bars?

like an rb021?

They are the RB-021; I forgot what the model name was, so I just described what they look like.
Back to top Go down
DirtyBobbysBikes
Leader
Leader
DirtyBobbysBikes

PostSubject: Re: I don't know how it happened....   I don't know how it happened.... - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/4/2011, 1:36 pm

gotcha
Back to top Go down
rocferd
Lurker
Lurker
rocferd

PostSubject: Re: I don't know how it happened....   I don't know how it happened.... - Page 2 Icon_minitime4/23/2011, 11:53 am

Any updates on this build?
Back to top Go down
jeffshmeff
Guru
Guru
jeffshmeff

Seller Positive Feedback : 4

PostSubject: Re: I don't know how it happened....   I don't know how it happened.... - Page 2 Icon_minitime4/23/2011, 5:04 pm

RB-021's are only 26.0mm
Back to top Go down
rocferd
Lurker
Lurker
rocferd

PostSubject: Re: I don't know how it happened....   I don't know how it happened.... - Page 2 Icon_minitime4/24/2011, 1:31 am

Ritchie Ditta told me they come in 25.4; he could be mistaken though. He's working over at Thomas Bike Shop temporarily. They have some black ones that he said are 25.4. If they are 26 only, I'll just use them with my VO stem and not have to worry about using a shim.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I don't know how it happened....   I don't know how it happened.... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I don't know how it happened....
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Fixed Forums :: Member show-off-
Jump to: