Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bicycles & Beers -or- Pedals & Pints - Tuesday April 13th 6PM.

Go down 
+2
Admin
punkbrad
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
punkbrad
punkbrad

Seller Positive Feedback : 11

Bicycles & Beers -or- Pedals & Pints - Tuesday April 13th 6PM. Empty
PostSubject: Bicycles & Beers -or- Pedals & Pints - Tuesday April 13th 6PM.   Bicycles & Beers -or- Pedals & Pints - Tuesday April 13th 6PM. Icon_minitime4/2/2010, 3:09 am

I will be going on a Bicycle Tour of a few local bars.
I will ride to a bar, have a pint (maybe two) and then ride to the next bar.
If you care to join me I am tentatively scheduling this for:

drunken April 13th, at 6PM drunken

Starting in Balboa Park and making an 8 mile loop that stops at 3 different bars.

**IMPORTANT INFORMATION **PLEASE READ THIS** **FINE PRINT**

I am 35 years old and have been drinking for about 20 of those 35 years. I am experienced in both riding bicycles and drinking alcohol and can hold my liquor and I know my limits. I am not condoning "drinking & driving (riding)" or anything illegal. I am VERY positive that with 3 or 4 pints in my body while riding and spacing them out will not put me over the legal limit of 0.08% BAC. If you are not as confident as I am, cannot hold your liquor, cannot ride a bike with a beer or two in your belly or are not of legal drinking age; this ride is NOT for you. I will assume responsibility for MYSELF and everyone who goes along with me is expected to do the same.

**THANK YOU**

Here is a map of the approximately 8 mile route. (Marker E is the Start & End Point)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Stop #1 (Marker B)
Tornado San Diego

This is a cool scenster type bar that will likely have some fixies locked to the bike rack out front. it serves draughts and bottle of a wide and varied style and craft of beer. They even always feature a hosted cask. it has a German Beer Hall feel with it’s Dutch-Door, and long booth with lots of wood inside. The beer selection is the best in SD that I've seen.

Stop #2 (Marker C)
The Alibi

This is an average local dive that has pool tables and some OG video games. It is often smoky and the interior is shit. Drinks are cheap and they sell the usual stuff with some nice crafts mixed in. It is on the main drag of University so there will be plenty of bike parking, and its open store-front shutters will allow us to see the bikes from the inside.

Stop #3 (Marker D)
NuNu's

I have never been to NuNu's but i will go before the ride. it is small and seems kinda territorial. I hear its great for local to upscale to drunks like me. I will scout it out again but i think there is bike lockup available there or near-by. A good bar will always have a bike rack for its loyal’s with DUI's who lost their licenses!

**WHAT TO BRING**
*Proof of age 21 or over
*Bicycle Lock
*Open Mind
*Mighty Thirst
*A ride home if you did not ride your bike to the meet-up or if you plan on getting shit-housed.

**WHAT NOT TO BRING**
*Elitist attitude
*Social ineptness
*Low tolerance
*Prejudices

**FINAL DISCLAIMER**

I am not organizing a group. I am telling you all what i plan on doing at 6PM on April 13th. If you want to tag along you have heard my feelings as listed above. I would say the more the merrier but more than 6 people and we're all at different tables which i am okay with. If anyone gets stupid i will have Matta-Momma round-house your skull and then submit you to the pavement like a welping puppy.

Your feedback will be regarded with the same caliber it was issued.

cat
Back to top Go down
Admin
Host
Host
Admin

Seller Positive Feedback : 10

PostSubject: Re: Bicycles & Beers -or- Pedals & Pints - Tuesday April 13th 6PM.   Bicycles & Beers -or- Pedals & Pints - Tuesday April 13th 6PM. Icon_minitime4/2/2010, 4:04 am

Dang brad you went into detail with this one! I am 100% down for this. The thing is I cant request it off because I need 14 days in advanced and its 13 so the work website wont let me get my day off. Hopefully I dont work that day or the next and Ill just probably switch shifts with some one if i could
Back to top Go down
https://fixies.forumotion.com
punkbrad
punkbrad

PostSubject: Re: Bicycles & Beers -or- Pedals & Pints - Tuesday April 13th 6PM.   Bicycles & Beers -or- Pedals & Pints - Tuesday April 13th 6PM. Icon_minitime4/2/2010, 4:33 am

I take my bikes and my beeze habits VERY seriously sir!

The Devil is in the details - as they often say... Twisted Evil

Be aware - this is the TENTATIVE date - its open for comment / suggestion / flame / etc.....

Since you are the Forum Owner, I am willing to move the date to accomodate yoru schedule since you do all fo this for us... PB.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Host
Host
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Bicycles & Beers -or- Pedals & Pints - Tuesday April 13th 6PM.   Bicycles & Beers -or- Pedals & Pints - Tuesday April 13th 6PM. Icon_minitime4/2/2010, 4:59 am

hahaha naw dont worry about me. Just keep the date
Back to top Go down
mattamatta
Leader
Leader
mattamatta

Seller Positive Feedback : 1

PostSubject: Re: Bicycles & Beers -or- Pedals & Pints - Tuesday April 13th 6PM.   Bicycles & Beers -or- Pedals & Pints - Tuesday April 13th 6PM. Icon_minitime4/2/2010, 5:46 am

Haha, maybe Mandrew can help with the roundhouse kicking. I dunno if I'm flexible enough for the skull shot, but I could help with a leg kick or a left straight to setup a clinch or shot. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.mattthayer.com
Paulo
Paulo

Seller Positive Feedback : 4

PostSubject: Re: Bicycles & Beers -or- Pedals & Pints - Tuesday April 13th 6PM.   Bicycles & Beers -or- Pedals & Pints - Tuesday April 13th 6PM. Icon_minitime4/2/2010, 6:06 am

I really wish I could make it to this, but unfortunately, Tuesdays are really bad for me. Have fun. Drink a few for me.
Back to top Go down
http://paulodelacruz.tumblr.com
teamELI
teamELI

Seller Positive Feedback : 2

PostSubject: Re: Bicycles & Beers -or- Pedals & Pints - Tuesday April 13th 6PM.   Bicycles & Beers -or- Pedals & Pints - Tuesday April 13th 6PM. Icon_minitime4/2/2010, 9:40 am

you can count me in. nothing is better then bikes and beer. you set this up rather fast too.
Back to top Go down
punkbrad
punkbrad

PostSubject: Re: Bicycles & Beers -or- Pedals & Pints - Tuesday April 13th 6PM.   Bicycles & Beers -or- Pedals & Pints - Tuesday April 13th 6PM. Icon_minitime4/2/2010, 10:18 am

teamELI wrote:
you can count me in. nothing is better then bikes and beer. you set this up rather fast too.

rad - i know my way to and around a good bar... this will be a decent time fo sho.
Back to top Go down
punkbrad
punkbrad

PostSubject: Re: Bicycles & Beers -or- Pedals & Pints - Tuesday April 13th 6PM.   Bicycles & Beers -or- Pedals & Pints - Tuesday April 13th 6PM. Icon_minitime4/2/2010, 10:19 am

Paulo wrote:
I really wish I could make it to this, but unfortunately, Tuesdays are really bad for me. Have fun. Drink a few for me.

ther'll be another - REAL soon.. haha.
Back to top Go down
teamELI
teamELI

PostSubject: Re: Bicycles & Beers -or- Pedals & Pints - Tuesday April 13th 6PM.   Bicycles & Beers -or- Pedals & Pints - Tuesday April 13th 6PM. Icon_minitime4/6/2010, 6:20 am

did you ever check out NuNu's yet Brad? anyone else contact you so far or is just us too? ha
Back to top Go down
punkbrad
punkbrad

PostSubject: Re: Bicycles & Beers -or- Pedals & Pints - Tuesday April 13th 6PM.   Bicycles & Beers -or- Pedals & Pints - Tuesday April 13th 6PM. Icon_minitime4/6/2010, 11:38 am

teamELI wrote:
did you ever check out NuNu's yet Brad? anyone else contact you so far or is just us too? ha

i'll hit nunus tomorrow after work - but i did cruise by and they do have a fence to lock the bikes too - thats my main concern...

so far i think its

Brad
Matttt
Eli
Mandrew
Back to top Go down
teamELI
teamELI

PostSubject: Re: Bicycles & Beers -or- Pedals & Pints - Tuesday April 13th 6PM.   Bicycles & Beers -or- Pedals & Pints - Tuesday April 13th 6PM. Icon_minitime4/6/2010, 12:02 pm

sweet cant wait for next week. bikes and beer. good times
Back to top Go down
Admin
Host
Host
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Bicycles & Beers -or- Pedals & Pints - Tuesday April 13th 6PM.   Bicycles & Beers -or- Pedals & Pints - Tuesday April 13th 6PM. Icon_minitime4/11/2010, 4:16 am

I only work until 2... SO... IM GOING!! WOO HOO!
Back to top Go down
mattamatta
Leader
Leader
mattamatta

PostSubject: Re: Bicycles & Beers -or- Pedals & Pints - Tuesday April 13th 6PM.   Bicycles & Beers -or- Pedals & Pints - Tuesday April 13th 6PM. Icon_minitime4/11/2010, 7:43 am

W00t W00t. Would I be a traitor if I don't roll fixed that night? =D

I'll probably take my Bridgestone, as I'm more comfortable leaving that locked up than my fixie.
Back to top Go down
punkbrad
punkbrad

PostSubject: Re: Bicycles & Beers -or- Pedals & Pints - Tuesday April 13th 6PM.   Bicycles & Beers -or- Pedals & Pints - Tuesday April 13th 6PM. Icon_minitime4/11/2010, 8:24 am

Matt - ride a unicycle for all i care...

Eli - Actually i have not - but i will duck in in the next 2 days.

Mandrew - right on dude!

so the count so far is..?

1 Pb
2 Matt
3 Eli
4 Mandrew
Back to top Go down
punkbrad
punkbrad

PostSubject: Re: Bicycles & Beers -or- Pedals & Pints - Tuesday April 13th 6PM.   Bicycles & Beers -or- Pedals & Pints - Tuesday April 13th 6PM. Icon_minitime4/13/2010, 9:00 am

Sittin in NuNu's now. This is a great place and I will be back soon after tomorrow... PB
Back to top Go down
paulmitchel
paulmitchel

PostSubject: Re: Bicycles & Beers -or- Pedals & Pints - Tuesday April 13th 6PM.   Bicycles & Beers -or- Pedals & Pints - Tuesday April 13th 6PM. Icon_minitime4/13/2010, 1:46 pm

count me in, but ima be a straggler. joining around 8ish if thats fine...
Back to top Go down
punkbrad
punkbrad

PostSubject: Re: Bicycles & Beers -or- Pedals & Pints - Tuesday April 13th 6PM.   Bicycles & Beers -or- Pedals & Pints - Tuesday April 13th 6PM. Icon_minitime4/13/2010, 9:24 pm

paulmitchel wrote:
count me in, but ima be a straggler. joining around 8ish if thats fine...

love to have ya. PMed u my cell.
Back to top Go down
punkbrad
punkbrad

PostSubject: Balboa Park - at the Carousel - 6-6:15PM tonight   Bicycles & Beers -or- Pedals & Pints - Tuesday April 13th 6PM. Icon_minitime4/14/2010, 5:10 am

Balboa Park - at the Carousel - 6-6:15PM tonight

I'll be there - we'll leave about 6:15 i guess unless someone needs us to wait - thanks and hope to see you there. B.
Back to top Go down
mattamatta
Leader
Leader
mattamatta

PostSubject: Re: Bicycles & Beers -or- Pedals & Pints - Tuesday April 13th 6PM.   Bicycles & Beers -or- Pedals & Pints - Tuesday April 13th 6PM. Icon_minitime4/14/2010, 5:33 am

I'll be getting home closer to 7 today, and I'll probably have somethig to eat and see wherebyou guys are, head out after that ad meet you wherever you happen to be.
Back to top Go down
paulmitchel
paulmitchel

PostSubject: Re: Bicycles & Beers -or- Pedals & Pints - Tuesday April 13th 6PM.   Bicycles & Beers -or- Pedals & Pints - Tuesday April 13th 6PM. Icon_minitime4/14/2010, 12:58 pm

sad i missed out. hope you guys had a fun safe time
Back to top Go down
teamELI
teamELI

PostSubject: Re: Bicycles & Beers -or- Pedals & Pints - Tuesday April 13th 6PM.   Bicycles & Beers -or- Pedals & Pints - Tuesday April 13th 6PM. Icon_minitime4/14/2010, 2:15 pm

this was tons of fun. a good bike ride on top of great beer. next time set up a time and date for bareback grill. i say we start at nunu for happy hour tuesday and then hit up bareback. great run guys.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Host
Host
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Bicycles & Beers -or- Pedals & Pints - Tuesday April 13th 6PM.   Bicycles & Beers -or- Pedals & Pints - Tuesday April 13th 6PM. Icon_minitime4/14/2010, 2:40 pm

Best ride for me. #1 ride Very Happy Really fun!!!!!!!! Thanks Brad for planning it out and the sick spoke cards Very Happy
Back to top Go down
punkbrad
punkbrad

PostSubject: Re: Bicycles & Beers -or- Pedals & Pints - Tuesday April 13th 6PM.   Bicycles & Beers -or- Pedals & Pints - Tuesday April 13th 6PM. Icon_minitime4/15/2010, 2:02 am

I had a blast. it was cool to meet and talk to Ernie and ride with the rest.

The riders were:

bradley
andrew
matt
eli
ernie

Here are some pix i snapped while riding, which is fun to do while riding a fixed gear bike with a beer buzz trying to take photos.. haha.

thanks for the company fellas. B.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by punkbrad on 4/15/2010, 2:14 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : i'm dumb...)
Back to top Go down
Admin
Host
Host
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Bicycles & Beers -or- Pedals & Pints - Tuesday April 13th 6PM.   Bicycles & Beers -or- Pedals & Pints - Tuesday April 13th 6PM. Icon_minitime4/15/2010, 2:18 am

LOL at the dead skunk!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bicycles & Beers -or- Pedals & Pints - Tuesday April 13th 6PM.   Bicycles & Beers -or- Pedals & Pints - Tuesday April 13th 6PM. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bicycles & Beers -or- Pedals & Pints - Tuesday April 13th 6PM.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next