Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thinking of setting up a alley cat race in San Diego

Go down 
+4
paulmitchel
mattamatta
Wiziloe
Admin
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Host
Host
Admin

Seller Positive Feedback : 10

Thinking of setting up a alley cat race in San Diego Empty
PostSubject: Thinking of setting up a alley cat race in San Diego   Thinking of setting up a alley cat race in San Diego Icon_minitime3/23/2010, 6:32 am

Like title states.

I have:
-2 sea world 1 day tickets (non upgradeable)
-2 San Diego Zoo tickets
-2 aerospace museum tickets
-2 science museum tickets

for winners! Save TONS of money

Paul had the idea of having an alley cat race in San Diego. I believe the best place to do this is start at the balboa park fountain and it goes from there. 10 Checkpoints at most. Might take several months to plan this out and on top of that making spoke cards and online fliers for the event. The first 4 winners will get any pair of tickets they like. Tell me what you think... Seriously... I need feedback.

Donations would be highly truly very appreciated! Paypal [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] we just need them for the laminations and photopaper because I know they are pricey unless you have a lamination machine to help us out Very Happy... Yes our own spokecards!

Last edited by Mandrew on 3/23/2010, 1:27 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://fixies.forumotion.com
Wiziloe
Lurker
Lurker
Wiziloe

Seller Positive Feedback : 0

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of setting up a alley cat race in San Diego   Thinking of setting up a alley cat race in San Diego Icon_minitime3/23/2010, 7:29 am

I'm in... Sounds like alot of fun...
Back to top Go down
mattamatta
Leader
Leader
mattamatta

Seller Positive Feedback : 1

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of setting up a alley cat race in San Diego   Thinking of setting up a alley cat race in San Diego Icon_minitime3/23/2010, 7:38 am

Dude, when alleycat races were mentioned before regarding spoke cards, I had to google what it was. When reading what it was, I immediately searched for "alleycat race san Diego" and didn't find much.

I'm totally down to participate, and willing to contribute effort and resources to help organize. I'd love to see some sweet bike culture like that go down.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mattthayer.com
paulmitchel
paulmitchel

Seller Positive Feedback : 4

PostSubject: I DIDNT WANT TO SAY ANYTHING   Thinking of setting up a alley cat race in San Diego Icon_minitime3/23/2010, 1:09 pm

i was trying to keep it low before posting, but the man is the man... haha.

had a nice speech too. oh wells

but what im asking from the public are two basic things. a list of who wants to participate in the race. and another of at least 10 volunteers at the station/checkpoints

i am volunteering myself for one of the check point and voluntelling mandrew sense he is the "host" and ticket provider so he shouldnt be allowed to win anyways.

prolly be done mid april or early may to give all you cats a heads up and the list to hopefully grow on both sides.

EDIT: this isnt a timed alley cat. more of a task event.

also the balboa/downtown/old town area. soo get your city knowledge on to beat the competition.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Host
Host
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of setting up a alley cat race in San Diego   Thinking of setting up a alley cat race in San Diego Icon_minitime3/23/2010, 1:13 pm

paulmitchel wrote:
i was trying to keep it low before posting, but the man is the man... haha.

had a nice speech too. oh wells

but what im asking from the public are two basic things. a list of who wants to participate in the race. and another of at least 10 volunteers at the station/checkpoints

i am volunteering myself for one of the check point and voluntelling mandrew sense he is the "host" and ticket provider so he shouldnt be allowed to win anyways.

prolly be done mid april or early may to give all you cats a heads up and the list to hopefully grow on both sides.

also the balboa/downtown/old town area. soo get your city knowledge on to beat the competition.

and donations would help too! paypal [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] would be highly very truly appreciated to help the event.

I want to be at all the checkpoints! Im hoping whoever does volunteer has a camera so we can watch whats up at all of them! Make a video for youtube!

and paul share your speech! Im curious!!!!!

also i think it should be in the summer time when everyone is out of school away from studying
Back to top Go down
paulmitchel
paulmitchel

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of setting up a alley cat race in San Diego   Thinking of setting up a alley cat race in San Diego Icon_minitime3/23/2010, 1:17 pm

Quote :
and donations would help too! paypal [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] would be highly very truly appreciated to help the event.

I want to be at all the checkpoints! Im hoping whoever does volunteer has a camera so we can watch whats up at all of them! Make a video for youtube!

and paul share your speech! Im curious!!!!!

also i think it should be in the summer time when everyone is out of school away from studying

paypal? ha.

summer? ha. whens that? i live in sunny all the time san diego. oh, and i dont go to school.... yet.

EDIT: ill post the cool ass speech when theres enough posts and views on this thread

Last edited by paulmitchel on 3/23/2010, 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Host
Host
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of setting up a alley cat race in San Diego   Thinking of setting up a alley cat race in San Diego Icon_minitime3/23/2010, 1:19 pm

Anything helps! $$$ would help with some of the laminations. Its going to be pricey especially when making a lot of those spokecards...
Back to top Go down
jeffshmeff
Guru
Guru
jeffshmeff

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of setting up a alley cat race in San Diego   Thinking of setting up a alley cat race in San Diego Icon_minitime3/24/2010, 2:01 am

I'm in. I say the sooner the better!!! SPEECH SPEECH SPEECH!
Back to top Go down
biz 1904
Lurker
Lurker
biz 1904

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of setting up a alley cat race in San Diego   Thinking of setting up a alley cat race in San Diego Icon_minitime3/24/2010, 11:15 am

im down if i can swing it that is
Back to top Go down
teamELI
teamELI

Seller Positive Feedback : 2

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of setting up a alley cat race in San Diego   Thinking of setting up a alley cat race in San Diego Icon_minitime3/25/2010, 9:12 am

I'm willing to be at the check points. will help you out as much as i can Mandrew.
Back to top Go down
paulmitchel
paulmitchel

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of setting up a alley cat race in San Diego   Thinking of setting up a alley cat race in San Diego Icon_minitime3/25/2010, 10:41 am

teamELI wrote:
I'm willing to be at the check points. will help you out as much as i can Mandrew.

i like this guy. +1
Back to top Go down
Admin
Host
Host
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of setting up a alley cat race in San Diego   Thinking of setting up a alley cat race in San Diego Icon_minitime3/25/2010, 2:48 pm

I dont know where to start haha...

1st) We need volunteers and video cameras at every checkpoint so we can make a little video. 2 at each checkpoint.

2nd) Check point areas and discussion of how many there should be.

3rd) Checkpoint tasks...Might discuss this at a meet up.

4th) Designs for spokecards and possible handy mapping.

5th) Other ideas

6th) Time and Date. Summer is probably the best to do it.
Back to top Go down
paulmitchel
paulmitchel

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of setting up a alley cat race in San Diego   Thinking of setting up a alley cat race in San Diego Icon_minitime3/25/2010, 2:53 pm

Task Will not be discussed untill day of to the station members, so no one ill anticipate and practice and w.e.

maps are always brought by the participant.
Back to top Go down
The Tim
Lurker
Lurker
The Tim

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of setting up a alley cat race in San Diego   Thinking of setting up a alley cat race in San Diego Icon_minitime3/31/2010, 8:52 pm

i live 2 hours away and im down for this!! sounds kick ass!! i got family out in s.d. that would be down to ride as well
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of setting up a alley cat race in San Diego   Thinking of setting up a alley cat race in San Diego Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thinking of setting up a alley cat race in San Diego
Page 1 of 1