Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Newly Acquired Giant 2009 Bowery!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
punkbrad
punkbrad

Seller Positive Feedback : 11

Newly Acquired Giant 2009 Bowery! Empty
PostSubject: Newly Acquired Giant 2009 Bowery!   Newly Acquired Giant 2009 Bowery! Icon_minitime3/22/2010, 9:17 pm

Hey All -

I threw this pic out in my other thread, but it belongs here really..

2009 Giant Bowery. Size XL. Just got it Sunday 3-21-10.

I had the shop swap the track drops for bullhorns and gel tape wrap. That meant i had to buy cross-pull levers, so those are my only upgrades right out of the box. Next is pedals - prolly clipless and then I will try to flip-flop the whele and see if i like fixed-mode....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
mattamatta
Leader
Leader
mattamatta

Seller Positive Feedback : 1

PostSubject: Re: Newly Acquired Giant 2009 Bowery!   Newly Acquired Giant 2009 Bowery! Icon_minitime3/24/2010, 12:04 am

Looks good! I like how the chromed stays and fork go withthe seatpost and stem.

Throw the fixed side on there! I didn't find t hard to adjust to at all. Seemed to make sense.

How has the Bowery been riding for you?
Back to top Go down
http://www.mattthayer.com
punkbrad
punkbrad

Seller Positive Feedback : 11

PostSubject: Re: Newly Acquired Giant 2009 Bowery!   Newly Acquired Giant 2009 Bowery! Icon_minitime3/24/2010, 12:16 am

Its been good - thanks matt...

The stiff frame and fork send a bit more of the road to the saddle, but I don’t mind. Ive been wanting to ride further and further out but then I find myself in hill country and that tends to make for longer recovery days off the bike.

One complaint is the brakes on the bullhorns. I know its not Giant’s fault, but when I put the bullhorns on the cross-pull brakes bump into each other unless I pull them just right and at the same time front and rear. Going to singe brake lever would fix the issue. this is becuase the brake levers are so close to the stem to allow for room on the bars for hand positioning.

I like the responsiveness and the nimble spirit of the 700X25’s since I’m used to 26X2.3’s on the Dirt Jumper.

I want to flip the hub and check out the fixed side, im sure it will be okay – what with all my expertise riding bicycles .. hahaha.. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newly Acquired Giant 2009 Bowery!   Newly Acquired Giant 2009 Bowery! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Newly Acquired Giant 2009 Bowery!
Page 1 of 1